There are a few things I must* confess.
*Not really… I just like to overshare.
When it comes to fitness – or any aspect of life – we all have little quirks. I’ve seen you Ms. I-Drink-Starbucks-on-the-Stationary-Bike. Or Mr. My-Squat-is-Merely-a-Slight-Knee-Bend. As I found myself labeling everyone in the gym Sunday, I realized I needed to call myself out too.
Today’s Work It Out is all about confessions.
1. I check my Instagram feed in between sets. While doing butt kicks or high knees.
2. On occasion I use “I’m going right to the grocery store after this workout” as an excuse to drive to the gym. My gym is 3 blocks from my house.
3. At the grocery store post-workout, I purchase men’s body soap. I use men’s deodorant too.
4. My headphones aren’t always playing music. I use them as an excuse to ignore people act like I don’t hear anyone around me.
5. I store my phone/music source in my bra while I lift. There’s nowhere else to put it! It not like my boobs take up that much space anyway.
6. My resting heart rate is 47. Because it’s SO hard for me to keep my heart rate up while lifting I go against my trainer’s instructions and have “active” rest between sets. The muscle dudes in the weight room stare as I bounce around doing tuck jumps, jumping jacks, high knees, etc.
7. When – after jogging to the gym – I get stranded by a torrential downpour, I have full-blown photo shoots in the ladies locker room.
8. When Kristen posted her freshly-washed sports bra pads, I realized I never wash mine. I wash the bras (after several uses), but never the pads. Whoops.
9. You probably figured this out from the previous confession, but I wear padded sports bras. They are by Handful and I love them. They did not send me any free stuff to say that.
This is really leading up to one big confession…
10. I’m getting a
boob job breast augmentation on Thursday. There will be an awesome series of guest posts, as I won’t be able to lift my arms easily for a bit. The surgery itself doesn’t scare me. What does scare me is the fact that I won’t be able to exercise at all for 3 weeks. Not even a walk. Even more terrifying is that fact that I won’t be able to do arms for a few months.
Why would I put myself through this? I want boobs. It’s not about the figure competitions (though many competitors have them). I am totally flat chested, and have been my whole life. I’ve wanted to get my boobs done since I was 20, but waited (thank god – 20 would have been far too young). This year I turn 30, and I will have boobs. It’s my birthday present to myself. I’m sick of nothing fitting me right and of not being able to find a bra anywhere that fits… and then being frustrated that I even have to wear one because I really don’t need it (bonus confession: I’ve gone running bra-less).
So there you have it. This was the big reveal I referred to in yesterday’s post. It may seem weird for me to be blogging about it, but I’m keeping it real with my fake boobs. And when I suddenly stop working out for weeks you would have known something was up. 😉
No, I won’t look like a porn star. I want them to be on the small side.
This may be the most nervous I’ve ever been to post something. I know some people have strong opinions on plastic surgery… but know that this is something I’ve wanted for years and I’m doing it for ME. I’m happy to answer questions. Ask away in the comments and I’ll answer in tomorrow’s post!
Would you ever consider plastic surgery?
What are your gym confessions?