I am in App-heaven.
So far I’m loving:
- Hipstamatic – I think everyone knows this one, but it makes your photos have that “old school” feel (added bonus: will load to Flickr and FB seamlessly).
- ColorSplash – This app gets the “cool” award. It makes your photos black and white, then allows you to zoom in and selectively “paint” color back in.
- FlickStackr – Allows you to easily upload pics, edit comments, and browse others’ photos.
- TweetDeck – Definitely take the cake for the app I didn’t know I needed – this integrates FB and Twitter and allows you to easily upload photos,
- Sleep Cycle – Ok, so I haven’t used it yet… but – if it works – this could save me many “OMG, did I really oversleep AGAIN?!” panic attacks. From their site: a bio-alarm clock that analyzes your sleep patterns and wakes you when you are in the lightest sleep phase.
- ScoutMob – You know how much I love a deal. Moreover, I love a deal that finds me. ScoutMob’s app uses your location to tell you where the nearby discounts are, which ones are expiring soon, and has a neat-o hipster mustache you can apply to a pic. (Today’s 50% off deal is for Tierra, which I love. Don’t be scared by the exterior. Get the Tres Leches. And the wine.)
I made them to runny in Round 1. This morning I did it again, sans liquid overkill. FTW.
Blueberry-Banana-Style Voluminous Oats
In my mix:
- 1/3 C oatmeal
- 1 C water
- 1/4 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- shake of salt
Microwave 4 mins, let stand for 5 mins, place in fridge over night (according to Katie’s instructions).
Added in the morning:
- 1/2 chopped banana
- handful blueberries
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- 1/4 tsp almond extract
Mix using an immersion blender (a.k.a my new BFF), and heat in microwave until warm.
Toppings that would be delicious: banana pieces, chocolate chunks, walnuts, more berries.
This weekend I posted about my distaste for McDonald’s oatmeal.
Apparently, I am not the only one who thinks they are scary. Check out this New York Times article. (Why couldn’t they have at least made all that artificial taste good?!)
What to do you grab for breakfast in a pinch? Is fast food a consideration?