Where do people come up with this stuff?
The search terms that lead my blog crack me up! *Not that I’m not happy to have new visitors! I’m just baffled occasionally.*
My Recent Favorites:
- Rotating deodorants (I do… my body gets immune!)
- “Love my stylist” short hair cut (go see Karen at Lava)
- My black coffee and breakfast to go
- Things that make me go mmm (click here for those)
- Sweet bikini bellies
- Pumpkin dumbbells images
- Herbs that go well with cottage cheese (they all do)
- PMS salty sweet (I hear you, sister… make these)
- Schweddy balls (tee hee)
You guys know I’m on an airplane right about now (thank you, wi-fi). Since the trip has begun, I can officially declare victory over my quest to only use what I have this week.
I haven’t dined out since Sunday – this is no small feat for me! I’ve probably saved $200 (which I promptly spent on trip stuff).
My fridge is a wasteland of crumbs and stuff that never expires.
Some of the
odd creative concoctions I haven’t shared yet:
Customize pizzas as you like! The one above is chronicled at the bottom of this post with instructions.
Tortilla pizzas sound like such a silly thing to eat before getting the “real” thing in Italy.
Pizza #2 (above) consisted of pressed tofu, sheep’s milk cheese, artichokes, marinara sauce, garlic, thyme, and red pepper flakes.
There was a dinner saute:
Pressed tofu, edamame, jalapeno, garlic, shallot, salsa, and liquid smoke. Side of sauteed zucchini I’ve been eyeing here on Rufus’ Food and Spirits Blog… it has a twist of something you’d never guess: Peach Schnapps. I followed the recipe, except I used olive oil instead of butter. It was awesome.
And my favorite – Overnight Oats in a Jar. Yep, I even used all the peanut butter.
PB jar with the “dregs” on the bottom, oats, sunflower seed milk (so glad to see this gone!), cinnamon, Biscoff granola, vanilla, and a shake of salt.
Since I’m gone, the weekly recap is early! Slacker, I am not.
At least not while in the U.S.
Workout Recap (9/19-9/24)
- Monday – Biceps/Back, 6 min plank sequence, 100 push-ups
- Tuesday – 7 miles run, P90X Ab Ripper X, 100 push-ups
- Wednesday – Kickboxing, 3 mile run, Shoulders
- Thursday – Tris/Chest (click link for the workout!), Ab Ripper X, 100 push-ups
- Friday – 5 mile run, 6 min plank sequence, 100 push-ups
- Saturday – Rest/Travel
- Sunday – I’ll be biking through Verona 🙂
- 1 tortilla (I used Ezekial)
- 1/4 C tomato sauce
- 1 handful fresh spinach
- 1 T fresh thyme
- 1 chicken sausage (I’m loving Bilinski’s from Whole Foods!)
- 1/4 C artichoke hearts
- 2 T nutritional yeast
- Red pepper flakes (optional)
Preheat oven to high broil.
Lay tortilla on baking sheet or pizza stone. Layer ingredients on top of tortilla.
Place in the oven, watching very closely (broil is no joke!). Cook until just beginning to brown, ~7-8 mins.
The next two weeks will be filled with an all-star line up of guest posts! Please stop by, say hello, and discover some new bloggers. I’ll also be inserting a little commentary about what Italian region the Wandering Wine-os are
terrorizing touring… and will try to write a few full-length posts as time/wi-fi allows.
What is your favorite pizza base?
Would you have added the schnapps to the zucchini? I’m glad I did!