We all like a good quiz.
Or is that just me?
Today I have 2. One is Presidential in nature. Don’t worry. I’m not getting political on you. This is all about what they EAT. (Source article here.)
Check out the following food items and see if you can guess whether President Obama or Mitt Romney like to nosh on…
- Peanut butter and honey sandwich (I forgot about these! My mom used to make them for us all the time. YUM!)
- Meatloaf cakes (Cakes? Was the loaf not enough?)
- Pizza from Italian Fiesta Pizzeria (There is often pizza at fiestas…)
- Chili (This nominee also enjoys Gas X)
- Organic applesauce (This is tough… organic = hippie/democrat, but also expensive/rich)
- Pumpkin pie (Not to be confused with warm apple pie… or Stifler’s mom)
(answers at the end of this post)
Quiz #2 is all about fall.
I saw this quiz on Matt’s blog and thought it looked like fun. Since I’m in Tex-ass right now for work, I thought it was especially appropriate to “borrow” a quiz from a native Texan.
1. Apple picking or pumpkin picking?
Apples. We used to drive to the North GA mountains as a kid to pick apples. My favorite part was the little stores with their apple doughnuts and hot cider. And if we were good we got to stop for fudge in my favorite mountain town. I always got chocolate-peanut butter (not much has changed…).
My parents were brave getting 3 kids high on sugar and before an hour drive home.
2. Favorite apple recipe?
3. Favorite pumpkin recipe
4. Favorite soup recipe
5. Football: on TV or in the stadium?
It depends on the temperature outside, the importance of the game, and the quality of the seats. If it’s a good game that I want to watch closely and the seats aren’t good, I’d rather be inside. If the seats are good and it’s 75 degrees I’m all about the energy of the stadium! If the weather is good, the seats are bad, and I don’t care about the game I’d also rather be in the stands. It’s complicated.
6. Favorite football team to cheer for?
It was Georgia Tech. Until they lost to Middle Tennessee
Girl’s School last weekend.
7. Daylight savings time: Love it or hate it?
I like to sleep in, so falling back is fine by me. Springing forward sucks. I still don’t fully understand why we do this…
8. How do your workouts change during the fall months?
They don’t change much now that I’m focused on weight lifting. They gym is temperature controlled. When I was running, I would typically do other forms of cardio (like kickboxing or this interval workout) when it got too chilly. The cold air hurts my lungs.
Also, I have Raynaud’s disease so that is not fun when it’s freezing out. White, numb fingers and toes that last for hours is creepy.
9. Any fashion essentials for fall weather?
Boots. With or without the fur. Definitely without the whole club lookin’ at herrrr.
10. Do your meals change when the weather changes?
For sure! I try to eat seasonal produce, and most of my meals are warm. Have I mentioned I hate being cold?
You’ll see a lot of Italian-inspired foods like this vegan Eggplant Rollatini.
11. Favorite fall dessert?
Dessert isn’t seasonal for me. I don’t like cooked apples or masses of pumpkin, so none of the traditional pies. We do have a Kentucky Derby Pie that is made every Thanksgiving. Bourbon, pecans, and chocolate chips… you really can’t go wrong.
12. Best thing about fall?
I love the colors when the leaves change, crisp mountain air, and FOOTBALL!
13. Worst thing about fall?
Cold. I’d be happy with 75-80 degree temps year round.
14. Best thing that will happen in Fall of 2012?
It’s already busy, but I’m looking forward to my first figure competition!
I almost forgot! The Presidential preference answers are…
- Peanut butter and honey sandwich: ROMNEY
- Meatloaf cakes: ROMNEY
- Pizza from (in Chicago): OBAMA
- Organic apple sauce: ROMNEY
- Chili: OBAMA
- Pumpkin pie: OBAMA
Allie comes in town tonight!!! Saturday we have leg day and go to posing practice with my trainer. Dine like
kings queens at Cakes & Ale. Cooking demo Sunday. Could this weekend rock any harder?!
Tell me one of your fall favorites. Any seasonal recipes to share?
How did you do on the Presidential food quiz?