This One Pan Mediterranean Chicken Sausage & Vegetables dish is the perfect weeknight meal. Healthy, easy clean up, and it takes less than 10 minutes to prep!
I’m a little embarrassed to admit that I’m only just now experimenting with one pan meals. This really is a food trend that makes sense. Just one pan to clean and it’s packed with veggies and protein! I love to cook some fancy 5 pan stuff, but some nights… I just don’t have it in me to do much more than cut veggies.
The one pan option is simple, nutritious, and there’s leftovers for breakfast! Not that Vegas and I weren’t tempted to eat the whole things that night. When we finished, she said, “I’d have that again.” (This is the highest compliment in our house.)
This is also a customizable dish. You can use whatever veggies you have on had. I added sweet potatoes for a little bulk, but you could use any starchy vegetable.
For this dish, I decided to make it a Mediterranean theme. It’s packed with bell peppers and zucchini, and seasoned with oregano and garlic. I topped with with feta to compete the Mediterranean theme. It sort of reminded me of the Baked Feta (Feta Psiti) we recreated from our Greece trip!
Remember when I said the leftovers were good? Or are you just skimming my riveting post?! 😉
It was awesome for breakfast the next day with an egg on top. #yolkporn
One Pan Mediterranean Chicken Sausage & Vegetables
- 1 red bell pepper, chopped
- 1 green bell pepper, chopped
- 1 zucchini, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 sweet potato, sliced into 1/4-inch pieces
- 1 medium onion, sliced
- 1 T olive oil
- 2 tsp dried oregano
- 1 tsp dried basil
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1/2 tsp ground pepper
- 1/4 tsp paprika
- 7 oz red pepper & asiago chicken sausage, sliced into 1-inch pieces
- Preheat oven to 400°F. Cover a large baking sheet with aluminum foil.
- Combine vegetables, olive oil, and spiced on the baking sheet. Toss to mix.
- Spread out evenly and cook for 20 mins, tossing half way through.
- Add sausage pieces, toss, and cook an additional 8-10 minutes, until warmed through.
- Top with feta and enjoy!
Check out all of the other One Pan Dinner ideas in this month’s Recipe Redux!
I can’t wait to do more of these. Maybe with breakfast sausage and eggs… mmm…
Have you ever made a one pan dinner?
What’s your go-to quickie dinner?