There is a lot of stuff in my head.
You don’t want to be in there. Trust me.
In an effort to organize myself this week, I made an actual written To-Do List. I’m normally not that organized, but there’s something especially motivating about getting to cross through things.
In that spirit, I decided to join in Meghan’s Week in Review. Because I got shit done. Meghan, what do you think about renaming it “Shit I Got Done”?
- I worked and made an invoice. Like my very own design vs. using whatever template I could find for free on Google. Been meaning to do that FOREVER. I also remember to send said invoice. #winning
- I hit 10K steps every day last week. Having a step tracker keeps me
crazyhonest. While I’m not terribly organized, I can be anal about some things. That’s what she said.
- Vegas and I celebrated National Drink Wine Day in style with a bottle of Amarone and a Reese’s heart leftover from Valentine’s Day. The hearts are my favorite – they have more PB.
- We planned a road trip… during which I will see my first Nascar race (pray for me), hike in Antelope Canyon, and go to a Padres spring training game (that’s baseball pre-season, for those of you who are baseball fanatics… ahem, Lucie).
- I tired oil pulling. I’m on day 1. You know how weird it feels to swish coconut oil around in your mouth for 20 mins? Apparently it’s all kinds of healthy and can whiten your teeth. We shall see…
- Have you ever heard of a shower beer? Well, we decided to class it up with shower bubbles. Delicious brut rosé from Schramsberg.
- I did my first leg day since my PRP treatment. It went ok… I’m not 100% yet but I think it’s working. Worked well enough for me to make myself so sore I couldn’t lower myself to pee without grabbing the counter for 3 days. Good times.
- I read an entire book laying on the grass in Balboa Park. It was glorious. Perfect blue sky, cold drink, and a good book. The book was Mutant Message Down Under. It made me want to go on a walkabout.
- There was a lot of breakfast experimentation. Including the hash I posted on Friday. #yolkporn
- I took a break from breakfast-making to make dinner. It was a chicken curry dish. That recipe is coming soon… curry is so freaking hard to get a decent picture of.
- Vegas and I went to Padres orientation. I got her season tickets for her birthday (therefore guaranteeing she’ll love me forever), and they do a little presentation to make sure everyone knows where to go and how to get tickets printed. That was pretty boring, but YAY baseball!!!
- I went hiking. Twice. Same two peaks, but once alone (here’s the review) and once with friends. This week I’ll hit 3 more peaks to complete the 5 Peak Challenge. I didn’t know that was a thing until a friend told me on the second hike!
- I met a friend from Atlanta at a gym in San Diego this week. We’ve been friends for 20 years… how crazy that we ended up in the same city?! And we both lift – something I would have laughed at when we were 12.
- Speaking of gyms, hiking, and soreness… we found a great chiropractor. Apparently my neck is so far forward my spine thinks it’s holding up an extra 38 lbs. I was given some exercises to do to help correct it. Guess I should add actually doing said exercises to my to-do list…
- I had a fantastic “Man Salad” with Vegas and some friends post-hike at Iron Pig Alehouse.
- We watched Bridge of Spies. Actually, we’re watching it while I type this. Vegas chose the movie. It’s actually not bad, I’m just bad at watching TV.
- We also watched Nascar earlier. Also not my choice. Did I mention we’re going to a race? Oy.
- I got new shoes! Mizuno sent these Catalysts over for me to try out. I love them – super light! More to come on that via Instagram.
I’m really excited for the next 3 peaks this week. Apparently you get a certificate and a pin for doing all 5!
What’s on your to-do list?
Do you watch Nascar? Baseball?