The Best Sea Bass Ever

Sea Bass is a pork belly of the sea.

Who wants chicken when you can have pork?!

It especially appropriate that Heather, Kirk and I had pork belly of the sea together rather than the chicken.  Heather hates chicken.  All poultry, really.  But I digress.

First, a strange wine.  This Abraxas Vin de Terroir from Robert Sinskey had a glass cork!  (And can we all agree that cheese is awesome?)

Abraxas Vin de Terroir from Robert Sinskey

The the pièce de résistance – Kirk’s Miso Glazed Sea Bass.  I saw this recipe on Heather’s blog nearly a year ago and never forgot it.  It struck me as strange because I always prepare my sea bass simply, with lemon, pepper, and maybe a few herbs.

When Kirk suggested it for dinner, I was beyond thrilled.  It did not disappoint!  Talk about #strangebutgood… look at this thing of beauty:

Miso Glazed Sea Bass

I took one bite and sat in stunned silence.  It was unreal how buttery and delicious this was!  It literally melted in my mouth.

The soy and miso combined with mirin and a little brown sugar created the perfect balance of sweet and salty.  After it was over I went back to the serving plate to drag some veggies through the left over glaze.  In hindsight, I probably should have licked the plate.

Miso Glazed Sea Bass

In conclusion… you should head on over to Heather’s blog for the recipe and make this.

How have you enjoyed making co-workers, friends, or family stare with strange but good creations this week? The link up rules can be found here or by clicking on “Strange But Good” in the menu bar above. In short, I want to see what concoctions have earned you weird looks from co-workers, family and friends! Post your Strange But Good creations, grab the logo below for your blog, and link up here.

Sprint 2 the Table

Remember to use #strangebutgood in any Tweets and Instagrams of your creations. :)

I can’t believe I have to go home soon… I’m so sad!

Are you a sea bass fan?  How about chicken of the sea (tuna)?

What is the strangest thing you ate this week?

Comments

Mmm I love sea bass..well any fish that’s covered with miso sauce! I almost always go for it when it’s featured on a menu. As much as I love tuna steaks and sashimi, I can’t get on board with the canned varieties- just the smell puts me off!

A glass cork! That’s exactly what I need all wine manufacturers to start using – me and corks have messy experiences…

What fish do you think is the steak of the sea? Salmon? I like this game.

It’s really easy to cook! I normally just put some lemon and pepper on it and bake it. It’s such good fish you really can’t mess it up!

It’s cracking me up that you eat pb flour with your eggs, but you think this sea bass is strange! As for me, I made these black bean balls (they probably had a better name than that – i forget) that were black beans, almonds, pb, honey and cocoa powder. They were delicious.

Not really strange… I just never take the time to marinate it like that. It was incredible though! Is PB and eggs really weird anymore? ;)

I looooooovvvveee seabass! It is my favorite fish! I am so jealous! Strangest thing this week? A crazy salad with olives and pickles, blueberries, strawberries, beets….pretty much a random group of different flavors, but I loved it!

I love Seabass!! Patrick and I almost got it as an option for the wedding, but thought we should go with something a little more generic since its not as common of a fish for people to like. Looks awesome!

1. […] to: Strange but Good, Waste Not Want Not Wednesday, Wow Link […]