Enjoying a Routine + WIAW

I crave a routine.

This is shocking news, even to me..

It’s not that I mind change.  I’m actually quite flexible!  #TWSS

What I like is some calm after a storm, however that rockin’ boat may have been.  I’m back in the office this week after more travels, back in my “home” gym, and back on a *gasp* meal plan.  It feels good.

Other things that feel good include a really nice vendor.  My boss has been working with these people for a while, but they sent me a little gift for joining the team.  How sweet is this?!

Starbucks gift

Other awesome things: boss-man told me yesterday “I’m glad you’re here.”  *grin*

This WIAW is back to normal.  For real this time.  No more travels ’til this girl’s show mid-July!

WIAWbutton

Read on for my normal (for me) eats, and then check out Jenn’s blog for everyone else’s delicious creations!

Breakfast:

My morning cocktail never left.  I actually flew to NYC with a bottle of ACV… that I’d purchased and drank half of in Utah.  The addicition is real. ;)

Then I enjoyed steaming bowl of green.  I really know how to make a dish sound appealing!

Strawberry TVP Oats

What I made was similar to the #strangebutgood Cherry TVP Oats on Friday’s blog, but I used matcha from my Blend swag instead of spirulina, lemon NuNaturals liquid Stevia, and fresh strawberries

Full disclosure: after taking a picture, I transferred it to tupperware and ate it one my walk to work.

Mid-Morning Snack:

Turkey burger with red pepper hummusmustard, and red peppers.

Turkey

Lunch:

Cod seasoned with a homemade mish-mash of spices that features smoked paprika.  Eaten with roasted veggies and a purple sweet potato (doused in cinnamon post-pic).

Cod and veggies

Afternoon Snack:

Unpictured Blend swag in the form of Quest bar(s), and liberal helping of the office nuts.  Yes, I giggled as I typed that.

Office nuts

Dinner:

This was the best thing of the day!  I gave a kale salad a good rub-down on Monday night with a mix of lemon, nutritional yeast, red pepper hummus, cayenne, and cumin.  After the massage, I tossed the salad with tomato and shredded chicken.  By the time dinner rolled around, it was the perfect texture and layered with flavors!

Marinated Kale Chicken Salad

Dessert:

The goat milk yogurt obsession goes one.  I mixed it with coconut flour, Growing Naturals Chocolate Rice Proteincocoa powder, and cinnamon.  Topped with peanut flour sauce, roasted kabocha, and popcorn.

Healthy dessert bowl

The peanut flour is another lasting obsession.  I order mine from iHerb (use discount code USO924 for $5-10 off your order!).

Happy Birthday to my little rockstar sister!!!  I can’t believe she’s… 27?!

Do you crave routine?

Are these nuts in your office? ;)

Comments

Yummy eats Laura!!:) I love making huge bowls of random ingredients, it’s the best ever. I also find routines help me stress less, even when it comes to food. It also keeps me from obsessing about what I eat because I enjoy all the foods in my normal routine. Glad you’re home and had a good trip! Have a great week:)

That’s a great point about stress – when I’ve prepped for the week, I have nothing to worry about!

I have such a fickle relationship with routine. Sometimes I crave it, then I get sick of it. In the office today and I don’t think I’ll be able to stop thinking about ‘office nuts’ when I’m snacking on mine. *childish giggle*

Next time we meet, can you please bring a humongous kabocha? tks. Oh, and while at it, I’d like you to make that midnight snack/Dessert for me. I love it!!

Rub-Down kale. That sounds just plain dirty.

I was never a person who thought I needed or heck even liked routine until I was out of it. Apparently I love structure and knowing what’s ahead! It’s great you work for an awesome boss, they are hard to come by!

Between the nuts and kale rub-down, you’re quite the dirty girl ;)! For the most part I love routine but every so often, I appreciate some spontaneity thrown in the mix.

Yes, I’m a routine girl with the exception of the 9-5 office rat race deal. My breakfasts don’t change, my snacks pretty much stay the same, dinner is when I get creative in the confines of the same foods I almost always have on hand.

I absolutely crave routine, like hardcore. I like traveling, but sometimes it gets you all out of whack and that is super annoying to me haha. It is nice to come back to your own bed, own gym, own kitchen. Own everything!

I crave routine like a dog craves bone marrow! However, these past three weeks or so, I have been completely out of routine and it feels so weird. Next week I will be back in my routine groove but the week after I might be back to my sporadic routine… It had something to do with… BALLS. BAHH HA HA HA HA AH!

Do I crave routine? Hmm, same weekly workout schedule, same breakfast everyday, same time to bed every night. Yes, I guess I do.

The kale salad sound delish (sans chicken of course). Nothing like a good massage(d kale).

I’m a total mess when I don’t have a routine. It’s really bad.

What’s your new gig? You referenced getting a new job once but never said what it was!

It’s really great – we need to catch up! I work right by the park now – and next to the new brewery. :)

It’s always good to shake it up! I get bored if I stay too steady. Plus, you know the muscles like some confusion. ;)

We totally had office nuts for a while and I made good use of it. Much better than working in an office of nuts in anyway, right ;) ?
    And yes to routine. Sure, it gets boring after a while but for the most part I just feel better with the structure of it.