Cinco de Strange But Good

I’m stranging-up Mayo!

(That’s May, not mayonnaise.)

It occurred to me that many of my Mexican-inspired creations are a bit strange.  Mexican is one of my favorite cuisines, and I’m always looking for a good way to shake it up!

No matter what time of day you celebrate, I have an appropriately themed dish!

Breakfast

Piña Mezcalita

Dessert

Mexican Chocolate Cake

Mexican Chocolate Cake

Mexican Black Bean Fudgy Brownies

Mexican Black Bean Brownies

How have you enjoyed making co-workers, friends, or family stare with strange but good creations this week? The link up rules can be found here or by clicking on “Strange But Good” in the menu bar above. In short, I want to see what concoctions have earned you weird looks from co-workers, family and friends! Post your Strange But Good creations, grab the logo below for your blog, and link up here.

Sprint 2 the Table

Remember to use #strangebutgood in any Tweets and Instagrams of your creations. :)

Check out the FitFluential Cinco de Mayo Round Up for more ideas!

What’s your favorite cuisine to add a #strangebutgood twist to?

Do you have Cino de Mayo plans?  Any special meals?

Comments

I can’t decide!! Ok, wait – I want the cakes (yes, both the cake and the brownies) and the Socca Pizza. And the drink.
    I definitely implement all conditions of a healthy living blogger. Lol

Oooh, you have a lot of goodness going on here — don’t know where to start. Uh, since it’s friday, perhaps with the libations and desserts!

I wish there were enough meals in the day to eat ALL of these things! Mexican is one of my favourite cuisines, but Japanese is still my favourite to get my strange on with ;)

There really should be a dedicated Mexican week. And a Japanese holiday that is widely celebrated.

It’s a good thing you’re stranging up May…stranging up mayonnaise is way too easy.

So…as usual, most of these look just plain delicous to me, but now that I’ve been trying to cook for a (once very picky) boy, I’m not so sure I could get away with all of these. However, I did get The Professor to eat tofu quiche the other night, and he does love Mexican food…

Everything tastes great with a margarita, anyway, right?

Oh so many recipes for me to pin (or re-check out). I’m going to have to make a pinterest board that’s just your recipes LOL. I love trying new variations of seitan. I used to boil it, but have started steaming it to form the sausage type link. So many fun options and flavor options too. And I need that beet and pineapple salad. What fantastic flavor combos!

We love your sweet potato baked oatmeal (well the toddler and I, my husband hates sweet potatoes, boooo) over here, so I am going to have to try the other sweet potato oatmeal. Random question though, for the baked oatmeal you have stevia in the ingredients, which I bought, but I don’t usually buy – is there something else I can use instead?

I am so, so glad! And totally flattered.

For the Stevia, you can use pretty much any sweetener. You just may want to adjust to your desired level of sweetness depending on what you use.

Ooooh Laura, so many of those sound good….the avocado mango soup in particular is calling my name, but many others look great! I am also a big fan of sweet potatoes, and you seem to have an endless supply of good recipes :) Have a wonderful weekend, and enjoy Cinco do Mayo….the Mexican kind, not the gloopy white stuff kind :P

Avocado Mango soup = yumsiferous!!!! If we have a AFBS potluck – what can I do to convince you to bring this?
    It sounds amazing – as do ALL the others!

Totally making that Mexican Cauliflower Rice Bowl tonight. Looks amazing, and I have cauliflower and pineapple that need to go!!! Actually all of them look amazing … well, besides the seitan chorizo, because something about chorizo makes me squeamish. I know, I’m strange!!

Oh that oatmeal looks fabulous! I love Mexican food and could honestly eat it all the time. Take me to a Mexican restaurant and I am happy just eating chips and guacamole and a few margaritas with salt. Pure bliss!

Thanks! I have a co-worker from AUS and she said there’s not really Mexican food there. Crazy!

1. […] hoping we get this weekend), I’m busting out my spring-ified logo!Be sure to head on over to Sprint 2 the Table to see what other  #strangebutgood creations are being linked up this […]

2. […] I figured we needed to SPICE THINGS up a bit, yes? A little strange but good combo here […]

3. What is Black, White, Pink, and BA all over? #FFavorites #strangebutgood #recipefriday | SuzLyfe says:

[…] you to Laura and […]