Work It Out In Style

Black is my color.

It’s how I like my coffee and my clothing.

I tend to think no one notices what I wear at the gym… and it’s reflected in my attire.  I rotate between the same 3-4 black and/or grey shorts and tank top combos.

Then I wear color one time and get 4 comments.  Apparently they do notice.  Oops.

How cool is this mesh back?!

This top is part of the new Heidi Klum for New Balance line.  I was sent this HKNB Essential Tank to review.. and admittedly was a little nervous to be in so much color.  Once I put it on I got past that concern!  The tank is so light weight and breathable!

For me, fashionable hasn’t been equated with functional.  This top proved me wrong.  Functional will always come first in my life, but why not enjoy looking a little less like a slob more put together.  I was even motivated to do a little posing practice!  Please God, let this shirt make my lats look big.

HKNB top

“Perfect for pretty much any workout I do — hiking, running, dancing, etc. I also love this tank layered in different colors” – Heidi Klum

Heidi’s quote had me thinking… I am going to make an effort to add in some more colorful items to shake things up while keeping my black staples as base pieces.

Now if they could come out with a line that makes me look like Heidi… I’d be IN for that. ;)

heidi-klum-nb

In need of more gym fashion or motivation?  Check out my pinterest board inspired by Heidi Klum for New Balance.

Strength is Stunning, y’all. ;)

Heidi pins

Disclosure: This post was sponsored by Heidi Klum for New Balance through their partnership with POPSUGAR Select. While I was compensated to write a post about Heidi Klum for New Balance, all opinions are my own.

Do you make an effort to be fashionable in the gym?  I thought I was doing well to not be smelly…

Do you change clothes when you go from the gym to run errands?

Comments

I don’t want you to look like Heidi!! You are GORGEOUS the way you are!!!
    I am SO picky when it comes to workout clothes, they just have to fit PERFECTLY, otherwise it drives me crazy – I can not be bothered with unfitting pants or tops while pumping lol
    Though I love to put on some stylish stuff and I wear always at least ONE piece of pink. Girly, but I just love it.
    And no, I don’t change unless I workout before going to work. I love doing my errands in my workout clothes, it feels like it goes faster :-)

love the color of that tank. my “uniform” at the gym is usually black capris and a colorful tank top. then when running errands after, i throw on a hoodie.

Everyone seems to be loving this new range of NB clothes. I am sponsored by Saucony, so will stay loyal to them, but they look great! I am truly jealous you get to enjoy them! I definitely care about what I look like, and I think if you like what you are wearing, you will feel more confident which will help you run those few seconds faster, or lift that extra repeat. I think it is a great idea to wear what you love!

I wear my running clothes for errands a lot of the time, I am running enough to where I need to put them on hours before I am going to run, and my job as a coach means it is not really frowned upon either! One of the perks :)

Love both Heidi and the way NB fits me. I’ll have to keep an eye out for this.

I sometimes look like a ragamuffin at the gym, but other times I’m more put together. Looking good

This color is so pretty on you and the top is very flattering! I am like you in that I wear lots of black for the gym.i find it safe when I’m there :-) but have managed to introduced a few more fashionable pieces just to shake things up. And no, sometimes I’m guilty of going to run an errand right after the gym without changing :P

When I worked out in the gym, I tried to at least match – you know black with black or black & white with black LOL. Now that I workout at home? All bets are off as to what I wear. When I run or bike, though, then I try to be as cute as possible ;-) I have to do something to compensate for the disgusting sweat that rolls off of me when I work out!

You look amazing in that top! It looks nice and comfy, too. My mom doesn’t like to wear a lot of color, either. When she does, I’m always like WOAH!! YAY! Haha.

You look awesome, as usual! I am the same way, I do not really stray away from the few things that I have. I also have a problem finding things that are good to wear on top because the twins are unruly. I can’t find anything that fits my waist but then supports the girls. Bah. #firstworldproblems

You totally look as good as Heidi…I’d say even better!

Love that pale purple color. I have the same problem, wearing black all the time. It’s just so easy to do! You don’t have waste time thinking about matching when you wear all black. I need to spice it up though as well.

I wear workout clothes most of the time!!
    After seeing all of the posts about Heidi Klum’s new workout line, I’m pretty sure I need to invest in some of those pieces – super cute!

Since I wear workout clothes pretty much all day, every day, I get into it — the gym goers probably think I’m crazy. I love color, I love loud knee socks, I like to match my shoes and rubber bracelets to my outfit. Okay, I’m girly . . . but I think it softens up my look.

I’d like to think if it was my work attire I’d do better… but then I realize I do the same thing with work clothes. Doh.

I used to be in all black and grey in the gym, but now I prefer one item to be bright. getting up at 5 is brutal. Putting on bright blue pants is fun. I absolutely run errands in my sweaty clothes, not sorry. With this cold weather and the fact that I go the gym so early I layer sweats and a longsleeve over my clothes, when it’s hot out, well I am going to sweat anyway…

Inside the gym, I could care less what I look like; I’m only going to get really red faced and sweaty (yep I’m one of those) and maybe even a little smelly. Outside the gym is whole ‘nother story though.

LOVE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I think you ought to do this more often!!! :)

I always thought I preferred the shorter tights I wear vs. capris to workout in & always solid black. Now with companies offering me these cute items, OMG, love the capris even for cardio, LOVE the few patterned capris I have got & worn – I am changing! Course you know Love colorful tops – YMX! ;)

I am a changed woman – maybe you will be too! ovve that top… BTW – you look amazing!

Wait, people change clothes when they leave the gym? Next you’re going to tell me that they actually SHOWER too! Sheesh!

I gravitate toward black and grey but I’ve come a long way since my “throw on a pair of shorts and an old t-shirt” days. I know I feel better about myself when I’m more put together and it actually shows in my workouts too! Plus, I’m the vain girl who takes a million gym selfies so yeah, I gotta look good! ;)