7 Tofu Meatless Monday Recipes

I’m a big meat eater.

That’s an understatement.  It’s also what she said.

Oddly enough, I went vegetarian for a while and even vegan for a hot minute.  I realized my body does better with meat in my diet, but I learned a LOT about ingredients and creativity from those meatless months.

This Meatless Monday MMAZ Heather chose one of my favorite ingredients: Tofu.  In honor of my meat-free days, I opted to do a round up of some of my favorite tofu recipes.  I still include these in regular rotation!

Grilled Protein PB&J

Grilled Protein PBJ

Tofu Jalapeño Poppers

Tofu Stuffed Jalapenos

Vegan Goat Cheese Stuffed Oven-Roasted Tomatoes

Vegan Goat Cheese Tomatoes

Tofu Tabbouleh Salad

Tofu Tabbouleh Salad

Tofu Noodle Stir Fry with Spicy Peanut Sauce

Tofu noodles with peanut sauce

“Spaghetti” and “Meat” Balls

Spaghetti Squash and "Meat" Balls

Carrot Cake Batter Shake

Carrot Cake Batter Shake

Be sure to check out the other tofu-licious recipes in Heather’s roundup!  And Katie’s Monday round up... because tofu is marvelous. :)

MMAZ

I should add my super-technical method for pressing tofu: slice in half, wrap in paper towels, and stack cookbooks on top of it for 15 mins. ;)

Do you like tofu?  How do you prepare it?

What’s your favorite non-meat source of protein?

Comments

I love tofu! There are so many thing you can do with it. Your recipes sound great, can’t wait to try them. Especially the Vegan Goat Cheese stuffed tomatoes. Yum. My favorite tofu recipes are my pot pie, quiche (can you tell I love crust?) and my current favorite breakfast, fried Tofu sprinkled with a little black salt..tastes just like eggs!

I thought of you as I was writing this. :) Please let me know if you try any! I’d love your feedback. I need to try your tofu-eggs! Sunday it’s on!

I tried tofu, twice. Couldn’t do it either time. But I always see people using tofu in shakes or in desserts, and then I wonder if I would like tofu in that form. I know its supposed to take the flavor of whatever you are making, but how does it taste in shakes/desserts?

I like Tofu – not my favorite, but it’s so versatile and I buy it when I’m sick of my chicken. Lately, I made a scrambled tofu with cinnamon and berries. It was surprisingly delicious!
    This sandwich pan you own – I’m so jealous.

I prefer a meatful monday . . . so I think I’d swap out the tofu on these delicious looking recipes. I’ve said it before, but those are the cutest tomatoes I’ve ever seen!

We had to add protein to my youngest daughter’s diet with gymnastics and she doesn’t eat much meat and one of the first things I made her last year was a whipped peanut butter and tofu PB&J!

My little sister is the same way and she was a gymnast – it’s a great way to get protein in after those tough workouts!

Tofu is a big source of protein for me – I love it grilled, fried, baked and curried; but I have yet to have it in a shake or any non savory dish – that protein pb&j and carrot cake shake have me intrigued

Great recipes to add to my collection. I just started cooking with tofu regularly a few months ago. At first there were hilarious fails but I’m slowly getting the hang of it.

Confession: I never press my tofu. 8O I go through phases with it, but I really love tofu and hate to hear people diss it (especially when I know they’ve never even tried it before). Actually, I can’t help but think back to my days of watching Clarissa Explains it All where her mom used to “force” them to eat tofu and other healthy dishes! Haha