Strange But Good: I’m Seeing Red

Red is an extreme color.

And I love extremes.

Red is typically used as either a color of danger or a color of love.  Obviously, this season is of love.

I happen to love food.  Desserts especially.  Even better if it’s strange (but good).  My contribution to the #strangebutgood linkup today is a round-up of red-themed healthy treats.  Many are even one-serving for Singles Awareness Day. ;)

Mocha Beet Frappuccino

I make this 4-5 times a week.  Usually without the coffee – I rarely drink it so I don’t keep it around.

Mocha Beet Frappuccino

Red Velvet Chia Cheesecake

It’s been too long since I’ve made this.  Happening again next week.  For breakfast.

Red Velvet Chia Cheesecake

Red Velvet Protein Mugcake

You guys know I’m a mugcake addict.  I married this with my Marshmallow cake this week… there are no words.

Red Velvet Protein Mugcake

Red Velvet Protein Bars

I didn’t come up with these, but I wish I had.  These were a guest post by Kammie.  They taste as good as they look.  I keep a batch in my freezer for a quick snack when I need a chocolate fix.  Which is quite often.

Red Velvet Protein Bars

Vegan Goat Cheese Stuffed Oven-Roasted Tomatoes

No, I’m not going to try to tell you a tomato is dessert.  Just in case you already have dessert plans I wanted to include a savory item for you.  This is a complicated-looking, gorgeous dish.  And it’s extremely easy.

Vegan Goat Cheese Tomatoes

♥ Happy Valentine’s Day! ♥

How have you enjoyed making co-workers, friends, or family stare with strange but good creations this week? The link up rules can be found here or by clicking on “Strange But Good” in the menu bar above. In short, I want to see what concoctions have earned you weird looks from co-workers, family and friends! Post your Strange But Good creations, grab the logo below for your blog, and link up here.

Sprint 2 the Table

Remember to use #strangebutgood in any Tweets and Instagrams of your creations. :)

Curious about the Fitmark giveaway?  Click here to check to see the winner!  Now, I must go get ready for my hot date.

What are you doing to celebrate VD?  *snicker*

What’s your favorite red recipe?  Link it up!

Comments

Funny that red is for love AND danger ;-) And seriously, another reminder roundup of recipes I have pinned to make. Just keep rubbing it in my face! I really need to make the red velvet recipe as I’ve never had red velvet cake before. Like ever.

Thank you, Heather! You’ve never had the “real” deal?! Come see me and I’ll make my great-grandmother’s recipe for you. Or ask my mom to do it. ;)

I am strangely addicted! I make chocolate beet nearly every Saturday and the people at my gym look at me like I have 2 heads. LOL!

Oh my, those goats cheese tomatoes are sticking in my mind right now! yum yum yum!!! I finally have another recipe to add to your strange, but good next week :)

I love red velvet cupcakes, pretty boring, but anything with a giant pile of frosting on top is great for me! Just because I am elite athlete…doesnt mean my sweet tooth doesnt call for frosting ALL THE TIME! :)

I love the tomatoes, although you know I’ll just stuff them with goat cheese. I’m pretty sure I’m the only vegetarian who’s never tried tofu. I know, I know, it freaks me out. Goat cheese on the other hand, I can do it.

I got my in-laws tickets to see Rent one year as a gift. They’re also happen to be very religious Republicans. Oops. Perhaps not the best show for then.

I know, I know… but you do really need to try the tofu. It freaks me out that you haven’t. :P

I went to see Rent with my mom fr the first time. I was 15 or 16. Awkward.

They will either go with free hosting site or some small paying site to
    start their online career. Plus, you do not have to worry about
    checking up on the hosts every few days or weeks, as you can rely on the quality of the work they will perform for your online site page.
    Reseller hosting is a great opportunity for you
    to take a small investment farther than the original money itself could go
    on its own.

1. […] up at the #StrangeButGood Valentine’s Day fun at Laura’s blog! Check out all the healthy red […]

2. […] post is linked to Strange But Good, Tasty Tuesdays, What I Ate Wednesday, Real Food Wednesday, and Waste Not Want […]