Strange But Good Recipe Trials

The fact that I’ve been drinking juice for 3 days is strange.

Not interesting though.

In lieu of a recipe this week, I want to highlight some strangeness others have braved.  Some of them weren’t from the link up… but “normal” people think most of my food is strange so I’m counting it.

Robin shared her version of my Grilled Protein PB&J on Instagram.  What’s so strange?  The secret’s in the peanut butter…

grilled protein pb&j

Megan is my #strangebutgood gauge.  If she won’t try to make it, it’s really strange (she refuses to try Beefy Oatmeal).  She did try these Tomato Brownies.  Maybe they aren’t SO strange?

tomato-brownie-cakes

Heather made my strangely healthy Peanut Butter-Apple Cinnamon roll… and then one-upped me by turning it into a Pumpkin Roll!

PumpkinPieRoll

Even though she’s not a huge fan of roasted veggies, Miss Polkadot tried my Thai Peanut Kabocha and Cauliflower recipe.  She declared it strangely addictive!  Also, she takes better pictures than I do:

thai peanut kabocha and cauliflower

Margaux reached back into the archives before the link up was born and made my Chickpea Flour Quiche.  It’s vegan, which is weird for a quiche, but the strangest part is that it actually DOES form its own crust!

chickpea quiche

Another Instagrammer to end with: Mind Over Batter (how awesome is that name?).  This fellow Figure competitor tried out the Sriracha Veggie Muffins I shared just last week!

Sriracha Veggie Muffin

How have you enjoyed making co-workers, friends, or family stare with strange but good creations this week? The link up rules can be found here or by clicking on “Strange But Good” in the menu bar above. In short, I want to see what concoctions have earned you weird looks from co-workers, family and friends! Post your Strange But Good creations, grab the logo below for your blog, and link up here.

Sprint 2 the Table

Remember to use #strangebutgood in any Tweets and Instagrams of your creations. :)

I'm strangely excited to share the juice cleanse recap next week!  But even more excited to eat solids.

Have you ever tried a #strangebutgood recipe?

What would you eat first after a 3 day juice cleanse? My good angel says eat fruit... my bad angel says pancakes.

Comments

That quiche is beyond awesome! I still make it once a fortnight – it’s the best way to use up random vegetables without having to make a soup of them – something of a protein ninja kick! :D

I’m going to try those tomato brownies – they look divine!

I am sorry but you caught me off guard when it comes to tomato brownies but whatever floats everyone’s boat? :P
    And super healthy too! I still can’t believe they look so delicious!

How is the juice cleanse keeping up?

Cheers
    CCU

Ok, so I’m totally intrigued by this chickpea flour quiche! And yeah, the container of chickpea flour that’s been hanging in my pantry for over a year is starting to get dusty so… ;)

Girl, you got this! ONE more day! And think of that first meal as you would the first thing you eat after getting your teeth cleaned at the dentist…don’t muck it all up! Have your fruit AND your pancakes…just no plates of chocolate chips with a side of waffle! Lol

It’s so funny that you posted about tomato brownies, because I literally finished my last one (from the freezer) last night … I went to Instagram you and then thought it might make you hungry with the whole cleanse thing so I didn’t. Making more soon! I’m happy to be your guinea pig … I literally have never made anything from you that I didn’t love (but the beefy oats are still not happening :)).

You’re so considerate. ;) I should have probably stayed off IG, but I’m all about torturing myself apparently. (P.S. Do the beefy oats!!!)

Ohh, I can’t wait to go back through and check out some of these recipes…tomato brownies?! I’m intrigued.

I think almost all of my friends are like your friend Megan. When I brought out these pizza bites the other night and told people they were mushrooms stuffed with pineapples, I got some pretty horrified looks. Those who decided to be brave and try them though were very happy they did!

Good luck on the rest of your juice cleanse! My bad angel says CINNAMON ROLL!!!

Thanks! Let me know if you try any. :)

Cinnamon roll would have been brilliant… does a cinnamon roll Quest bar count?

I should say something like “I’ve always been afraid of juice cleanses because I love food and eating so much, but if you can do it–as you love food (and drinking?) more than I do, maybe I could do it too”

But that’s boring.

Instead I’ll say the reason I never make your recipes is I’d rather just come visit you and have you cook for me. Of course, then we’d miss out on all the hipster bartenders in ATL. So, maybe I’ll just imagine what it would be like to eat your recipes and then eat something even MORE strange?

What a random comment. Where’s my coffee?

I was just talking to Heather about coming and staying at my mom’s one night – we can cook ourselves silly in her big kitchen and chill out on the hot tub!

After a 3 day juice cleanse, I would have to go with oatmeal with peanut butter, chocolate, strawberries and bananas or oatmeal could be subbed for oatmeal pancakes-that way the good angel and bad angel are happy :)
    Oh, btw, I found Lyle’s Golden syrup at the Publix in Buckhead – though not all Publix carry it, my mom has seen it at World Market near Shephard center also in Buckhead (sorry for the late comeback to your comment, Laura) Those sriracha muffins sound flamin good! Hope you have a wonderful weekend

I’m NOT REALLY SURE how you can post all of this without wanting to eat your computer and then your arm… And then your other arm. I would be DYYYYINNNNNGGGGGG on a cleanse, DYING! I live to eat, not eat to live! ;)

I was going to bring my A game this week with a Strange But Good recipe, but my computer had a breakdown and along with it all my pictures. Thankfully the Hubby is computer savy so all has been saved, but it did hinder my abilty to write blog posts with unique pictues. I got lucky with the Cheese Edition, and I recommend you don’t read that one until tomorrow when you’re ingesting food again.

I’m pretty sure I’ve made many strange but good recipes…only reason I know that is because of the comments I’ve received regarding the combos I’ve put together ;)

As for the hot sauce you were asking about…it’s called Crispy Chilli Paste. I may have to send you a picture.

I don’t think I’ve seen that one… will look at the market this week. They have an entire aisle of hot sauces!

I LOVE juice cleansing, its seriously THE BEST! After I juice I eat veggie broth soups for a few days plus lots of smoothies to give me some fiber with LOTS of tea! After that you should be ok to add rice to the broth soups and work your way back to the meats and dairy departments! Hope you have a great weekend Laura! xo C

I remember the first meal I ate after I did Blueprint – fresh fruit with honey and lavender. I was so afraid to eat anything else, but boy, fruit never tasted so good.

I’ve made your spaghetti squash mug cake – and then became COMPLETELY addicted!

1. […] then jump on over to Sprint 2 the Table and show some love to my girl Laura who accepts all us weird foodies out there…even if we are […]

2. […] they have an awesome crispy texture do to the whey crunchies I used. I realize this ingredient is a bit strange (but good! ) and might not be readily available, but if you’re looking for a new way to […]

3. […] post is also linked to Strange But Good, What I Ate Wednesday, Waste Not Want Not, Get Him Fed, and Real Food […]