Insta-Mallow + WIAW

Instagram is everywhere.

No judgment – I’m 100% addicted.

There is a printing company in the UK, Boomf, that has developed an app allowing Instragrammers to print their images onto marshmallows.

So you can take a picture of your food, print it onto another food, and eat it.  Would that be considered leftovers?

instagrammellow

The service isn’t available in the U.S. yet.  They’re trying to work out how to get it through customs.

I didn’t eat any marshmallows for WIAW, but still managed some good stuff.  I’m out of town the rest of the week, so this is one of those “eat everything in the fridge” days. WIAWbutton Read on for my eats, and then check out Jenn’s blog for everyone else delicious creations!

Breakfast:

As always, the day began with my apple cider morning cocktail.  Still searching for a new amino powder I like…

Breakfast was a little random.  A delicious banana-peanut butter fluff wrap, heated in the microwave.  The peanut butter fluff was a mix of peanut flour (from iHerb – use discount code USO924 for $5-10 off your order!), vanilla protein powder, cinnamon, vanilla, and Stevia.  With a side of turkey because it was going to go bad.

banana PB wrap

Mid-Morning Snack:

I am oddly addicted to this Matcha bar found at Whole Foods.  It’s almost buttery with its healthy fats!  Really good pre-workout fuel with a side of almonds.

matcha bar

Lunch:

Shredded rotisserie chicken (naked from Whole Paycheck) mixed with kale and a really random “dressing.”  It was the end of a cottage cheese container, mashed avocado, nutritional yeast, apple cider vinegar, cumin, smoked paprika, garlic power, and pepper.  I mixed it up the night before and used half here and half in the next snack.

I discovered the toaster at work, so I’ve been loving hot  Ezekial sesame toast.  Today’s was slathered my favorite Roots spinach hummus (also a Whole Foods find).

Mid-Afternoon Snack:

The other half of the afore-mentioned cottage cheese mix was used in a turkey salad with broccoli slaw.  I’m pretty surprised and how good the cottage cheese mix was, now that I think about it. I wish we had a toaster oven at work so I could crisp it up…

turkey salad

And then I had a pity party.  I’m getting a cold.  Extra water, green tea… and a Snickers should fix it, right?

snickers

Dinner:

Dinner was rotisserie chicken tossed with BBQ sauce, with a side of roasted mushrooms and crisped kale.

bbq chicken and veggies

I turned my roasted buttercup squash into dessert, tossing it in a sauce of peanut flour, cinnamon, Stevia, and almond milk.  And chocolate chips.

buttercup and PB sauce

Dessert:

Pumpkin-Zucchini Bread Batter was my midnight snack.  It was another “use all the foods” creation that turned out better than expected!  I love using protein powder in these – it really lends to the batter consistency.

Pumpkin-Zucchini Bread Batter

Pumpkin Zucchini Bread Batter

• 1/2 C shredded zucchini
  • 1/2 C Greek yogurt
  • 1/4 C Pumpkin purée
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/4 tsp ginger
  • 1/2 scoop vanilla protein powder (I use Growing Naturals rice protein)

Mix everything together and top as desired.  I went with a cocoa powder sauce, popcorn, and cacao nibs.

I’m headed to San Francisco for work, and then to Portland to see my sister for the weekend.  Any good Portland restaurant recs?

What would you like to print your Instagram pics on?  I want Insta-bacon!

What is the strangest clean-out-the-fridge dish you’ve ever made?

Comments

Um, that marshmallow idea is terrific. I like it, even though I don’t like marshmallows.
    Loving the eats today! That pumpkin zucchini bread batter looks heavenly right about now.

You think if I printed a bouquet of kale on a marshmallow, the marshmallow would be GiGi-Diet approved? LMFAO! If ONLY because I used to LOVEEEEEE Marshmallows!

Hmmm a weird “clean out the fridge” – more like, I have no food in the house, WTF should I eat, mix I have ever made: Tomato Paste, Canned Chicken, Canned Green Beans, Sun-Dried Tomatoes, Spinach, Olives and Capers. Actually not weird at all. Flipping GOOD that’s what it was! Ha!

Whoah that matcha bar! Well that needs to be hunted down this side of the pond. One thing I can try is Boomf! Could definitely make for a comedy xmas prez…

I wonder how it would be like to toast those marshmallows….;)

I hate wasting food and often make up the strangest combinations to make use of it all…I once made a ‘pizza’ with literally everything but cheese on it (stir fried veggies, steak, hard boiled eggs…yep).

Ah yes, I love that marshmellow idea! I would print a smoothie or kabocha squash on it. Or maybe just a huge blob of coconut butter.
    I love your breakfast by the way. That peanut butter wrap sounds like the best dessert ever! Have fun in San Francisco and Portland – so jealous!

ha. we don’t have a whole foods around here, but my co-op might as well be called whole paycheck too. :)

that matcha bar looks good and interesting (twenty bucks says I’m allergic … haaaaaa… wait, that’s not funny. okay it kind of is).

you need to go over to my blog today. esp. since you’re in bulking mode. :P

safe travels! we are sure there are a lot of good restaurants in Portland!!

when we are trying to clean out the fridge, we normally have a lot of “mess-up ” recipes to eat up, so our plates has a lot of broken donuts, cookies, etc. haha

The matcha looks interesting. Is that the same as macha that I see around the interwebs? Love the Instagram idea, but I hate marshmallows! Have a great day, Laura!!

I don’t think I’d be able to eat those marshmallows!! Too cute!

And the weirdest clean out my fridge meal I’ve ever made is a mixture of beans, veggies, salsa and cheese. I call it Parita’s garbage bowl! Haha!

Those marshmallows sound FUN!!!! I bet one of your get togethers with those would be interesting! ;) I would print a cookie of course! :)

People clean out fridges?? ;)

I am headed to Whole Foods tomorrow so will look for that bar – it looks too green but you say it tastes good so… :)

Haha – those marshmallows made my day!
    I gotta get my hands on that spinach hummus – I have not seen that combination before!
    My fridge is pretty bear today…but my pantry is another story…lentils, quinoa, beans, kind bars, vanilla protein powder…good thing these all have a long shelf life!
    Safe travels to San Fran and Portland!

Are you out of town because you’re coming to visit me? I’ll swap your Snickers out for delicious Coffee Crisp (though Snickers be goooood too).

So ironic…I was literally just in the kitchen eating leftover roasted butternut squash straight from the fridge thinking, some peanut butter would be really good on this! #greatmindsthinkalike #strangebutgood

And I need some of those marshmallows stat :)

Oh everything looks good! I hate wasting food, I’m not good at coming up with strange put together meals so I usually have random assortments of everything that might be getting ready to go bad. I hope you have fun visiting your sister!

That’s where most of my strange comes from! Things you normally wouldn’t eat together sometimes is amazing. And sometimes I fail. LOL!

Nope! If you look at most Mexican dishes they use similar ingredients. Flavor-hacks are one of the best ways to keep it interesting in the kitchen. :)