3 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons

This is for those that think my recipes have too many ingredients.

Not really, but it should make you happy.

These coconut macaroons are the most requested Christmas cookie I make.  Ironic, since I don’t love coconut.  But if you DO like coconut, you’ll love these.  If you don’t, you’ll still eat a couple because they really are good.  Especially after I had the brilliant idea to dip them in chocolate.

Coconut Macaroons

They technically have 4 ingredients, but I refuse to count vanilla.

When you form balls, you’ll feel like they aren’t sticking together enough.  Don’t be scared.  Just roll them together as best you can.  The sugar will melt and bind with the egg as it bakes – just be sure to let the cookies cool before you touch them.

Coconut Macaroons

I’ve made these for a couple of years sans chocolate.  I have no idea why.  This year I melted chocolate, added some bourbon extract (yes, I put booze in everything), and painted the bottoms.

If you do this, place them in the fridge to harden before you serve them.  It’s good with the gooey chocolate, but extremely messy. ;)

Coconut Macaroons with chocolate

Linking these up to Katie’s MIMM… because cookies are marvelous.

Coconut Macaroons

Coconut Macaroons

• 3 C sweetened flaked coconut
  • 1 C granulated sugar
  • 5 egg whites
  • 1.5 tsp vanilla extract
  • Melting chocolate (optional)

Preheat oven to 350 degrees. Line two large baking sheets with parchment paper.

Place all ingredients in a medium bowl and mix with (clean) hands until the ingredients are completely combined.

Place tablespoon sized dollops of batter onto a baking sheet making sure cookies are at least an inch apart.  They will feel loose, but don’t worry.  They will bind as the sugar melt during cooking.

Bake, one sheet at a time, for 10-15 minutes or until edges are browned.  Let cool for 10 minutes.

Dip in melting chocolate, if using.  Store up to 1 week in fridge.

I may not blog again until after Christmas… resting and enjoying the season is a glorious thing.  Happy Holidays!

What are your favorite Christmas Cookies?

Do you like coconut or chocolate better?  Both?

Comments

I HATE COCONUT – however…………….. I think that only goes for the crazy coconut flakes because I JUST TRIED COCONUT FLOUR for the FIRST TIME – popped my coconut ;) – and it was tasty! And I am growing to really love the oil…. It seems like this is one of those things like when I was little and liked ketchup but not tomatoes and grapes but not raisins!

Now that is a macaroon! Finally, someone gets it! I’m tired of getting my hopes up when I hear macaroon and am presented with a French macaron. Don’t get me wrong, they’re epic in they’re own right, but they are in another category as ones like these bad boys :)

The idea of few ingredients always appeals to me. I’m guilty of sometimes looking through a recipes with a daunting ingredients list and think ‘maybe not’ ;)

I assure you it’s never one of your recipes though :P

I could never pick coconut OR chocolate…they definitely HAVE to be together! It’s funny because I used to hate anything coconut when I was younger! Like, wouldn’t touch it with a ten-foot pole!

My favorite Christmas cookies are called Candy Canes…almond shortbread rolled into red and white strips, then twisted together to form candy canes and sprinkled with crushed candy canes! I used to make them all.the.time for Christmas gifts!

i’m not blogging till after christmas. You don’t need to, but if you do, it must be fun pics of your awesome week! k?

mmmm macaroons… J’adore!

I love coconut! These sound really easy, I wouldn’t have thought macaroons were this easy to make. I’m bookmarking these to make as soon as I come out of my already induced sugar coma. I hope you have a wonderful Christmas!

OMG I love macaroons!! I don’t have the sweetened coconut – only unsweetened in the house & no sugar.. hmmmm, are you going to make me shop! ;) LOOK AMAZING!!!!!!

Enjoy your time off – deserved!!! I am thinking of taking till New years off after this week :)

Molasses & gingerbread this time of year! Hard to find year round.. but I can order my molasses from Whole Foods! :)

I’m not a coconut fan. The only time I’ll eat it is if it’s a samoa cookie LOL. Then somehow it’s acceptable. It’s not exactly my favorite cookie, but it brings back lots of memories for me – the Russian Teacake. It’s my mom’s favorite b/c she grew up with her mom making them at Christmas. Then my sis and I have grown up making them. Kind of a tradition. And on Saturday we made them with my niece.

Ohhh Hells yeah! 3 ingredients? So up my alley. And bourbon extract? Where in the heck have I been? Wishing you a wonderful holiday! And hoping to meet you in person one of these days. Thanks for your continued sweetness. You so rock sista. XXOO

Looks delicious, and couldn’t start off my holidays without stopping by to wish you a Merry Christmas. Thanks for everything you do – as you well know, I love you and your blog, and am so glad we’ve gotten to know each other a bit this year! Enjoy the time off!

Macaroons are one of my favourite go-to easy cookies too; I’ve made so many different versions, but never have I thrown bourbon in the mix. Go you good thing… and Merry Christmas Eve, dear heart! x

1. […] 3 Ingredient Coconut Macaroons New Year’s Breakfast Casserole Black Bean, Pomegranate & Avocado Salsa Double Chocolate Peppermint Cookies Edamame Cranberry & Feta Salad Breakfast Risotto Caramel Chicken No Knead Buttermilk Bread Blackberry Brie Bites Mini Spinach Artichoke Bites Rich Chocolate Truffles Plantain Flatbread […]