Happy Singles Awareness Day

I like being married to the gym single.

monopoly cats

I couldn’t even handle having a cat in my life.

What I can handle is eating red food.  I’ve been traveling too much to make anything special, but if I make it to the grocery store today I may eat something red.

In the meantime, I did manage to round-up my favorites… and separate them into courses.  This is what happens when you blog on an airplane.

Then I couldn’t help myself – I made a new sugar-free, high protein microwave cake when I got home from the airport.  It was late, the pics are dark… but this is what happens when you are without chocolate cake and Nuttzo for days.  Cravings must be satisfied!  Recipe at the end.

Breakfast

Raspberry Baked Oatmeal (To-Go!)

Raspberry Baked Oatmeal (To-Go!)

Strawberries and Cream Oatmeal

Veggie Sushi with Beet Wasabi Sauce

Dessert

Beet Protein Frozen Custard

Beet Protein Frozen Custard

Strawberry Smoky Almond Tart

Strawberry Smoky Almond Tart

This last dessert is the one I made upon arriving home last night.  I had a fierce peanut butter and chocolate craving, and this sugar-less treat fit the bill.  And did I mention it has 30g of protein???

If you stop the microwave while it still looks a tad jiggly on top, you’ll have a gooey, molten cake.  Which is exactly when I did, and highly recommend.  Then I topped it with a healthy serving of Nuttzo (which I am obsessed with), and a festive strawberry heart.

PB Chocolate Cake

Peanut Butter-Chocolate Microwave Cake

• 2 T peanut flour
  • 1 scoop (2T) chocolate protein powder
  • 1 T cocoa powder
  • 1/8 tsp baking powder
  • 1 T pumpkin puree
  • 1/4 C egg whites
  • 1/4 unsweetened almond milk (or water)
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla extract
  • 8 drops chocolate liquid stevia (I used NuNaturals)

Mix the dry ingredients in a small bowl.  Add wet to dry and stir to combine.

Transfer to a small, greased bowl (I used coconut oil).  Microwave until just done, ~ 45-60 secs.

Transfer to a plate, top as desired, and enjoy!

Approximate Nutritionals: 180 calories, 4g fat, 150.8mg sodium, 11.2g carbohydrates, 4.8g fiber, 1.5g sugar, 31.5g protein

I received this jar of NuttZo free of charge through participation in a FitFluential campaign. I was not otherwise compensated; all opinions on the product are my own (I already ate the stuff religiously). Check out NuttZo on Twitter and/or Facebook!

Happy Valentine’s Day!

I think this is the perfect night to curl up with a glass of red wine, some popcorn, and dark chocolate while watching Grey’s.

Do you have big Valentine’s plans?

What is your favorite Valentine-themed food?  I dig those Reese’s hearts… the shapes have more PB!

Comments

Despite the fact that I do have a husband, we don’t have any specific plans for tonight. We don’t really care for made-up holidays like V-day. March 14 is way more important for me anyways. *cough*birthday*cough* ;)

What a great list of red recipes. Need to pin that PB Microwave cake. I’ve yet to try to make one. I’m somehow certain I’ll make a mess of them. No plans here. We usually don’t do much for Valentine’s Day. Every few years we’ll go out to a nice dinner.

Happy Valentine’s day!

I love that you love being single. And you’re one of those people that I can tell is single by choice (mostly … because I’d imagine you can be picky!).

I wish that I would have been single longer last time that I was single. I’ve been attached to somebody full-time since I was 15. That’s more than half of my life! The longest I’ve been single is a month and a half in 2009, and I was too heartbroken to enjoy most of it. By the time I started enjoying it, Mark came around, and he was too good of a thing to pass up.

I kind of am… did you see Kat’s last guest post? The someecard graphic she included is basically me. ;)

Good for you not passing a good thing. Life is best unplanned!

Where do you find all your Vegan cheese? I am trying to go dairy free for a while because I feel like I am starting to develop and intolerance for it. Do you have to go to specialty stores?

Happy VDAY!!!

I have VERY big plans. They involve an airplane (or two)….

Also, I have never wanted to be a Fitfluential Ambassador until y’all all got that Nuttzo. Good thing I have nut butter coming out of my ears. [Not literally. Yet.]

But that chocolate peanut butter goodness you’ve got going on? Well, I’m making it. Some day. With Nutty Butter on top.

We don’t celebrate Valentines Day here and never have. I do love red/pink food though! I’m have spaghetti squash with red sauce on it for dinner (while at work…super romantic!). Your treats all look perfect! I need to try that beet custard! YUM!

I don’t have plans for Valentine’s Day. We are too frugal to spend money on frivolous things like cards and flowers. So we will have a home cooked dinner and I will make a dessert for all of us to share.

I hope that you enjoy your wine and chocolate, that is indeed a fabulous and heart healthy combo :)

Happy Valentine’s Day Laura~!

LOL! At least you are aptly named. ;) So will you buy V-Day treats today now that they’re on sale?

Hope you had a great Valentine’s!

awwwww of course you want to be married to the gym hahahaha

You make me smile :) how did I know the words crossed out would include the gym? lol ;)

Tonight my boyfriend and I are going out for dinner I think. I offered to cook after his long day of being in the kitchen, but as of now he wants to go out! We don’t have reservations anywhere, though, so not sure how that’s going to play out ;)

Haha, I’m in a committed relationship, but I cheat on my bf with Gym at least 4x a week. He knows, and he’s okay with it.

I added a drop of red gel food coloring and some red and white sprinkles to my oatmeal to make it pink and red and festive this AM, but that’s all I had time for. Not exactly clean, but delicious and festive! I’m not a huge candy fan, but I do love red velvet anything.

Hope you have time for a single ladies dance party today! ;)

I adore that strawberry almond tart and those goat cheese stuffed tomatoes. I can’t wait for summer and to taste real local tomatoes again.
    I think your non-Valentine’s evening sounds ideal. Sweats, sweets and Grey’s. I’m going to get all fancy and throw some green onions in with our scrambled eggs and if the Hubby’s really lucky, maybe I’ll tackle a batch of fingerling potatoes too.

Sometimes I wonder why my favourite bloggers are single! But hey, I was gloriously single for a long time, too. :) I made Rob baked oatmeal this morning as a treat but it wasn’t red-themed… I didn’t think that far in advance. Next year. ;)

No big plans over here. We are both pretty busy all day. He did get me flowers and I got him some creme brulee compliments of whole foods.

My favorite valentines themed dessert is giant chocolate covered strawberries. But anything chocolate and pb always hits the spot too!

happy vday!

I had no plans since my husband and I are on opposite ends of the country for now. But I’m not a big Valentines day person anyway. I will accept chocolate anytime though. That mug cake looks great. I love the use of stevia and pumpkin instead of sugar and butter. Do you think it would work with regular flour?

Is it a big thing in France? I like to think the French are aove Hallmark… ;)

You may have to adjust the amount of flour you use – aren’t the weight different? Let me know if you try it! It should be a batter consistency.

Holy heck, major Valentine’s Day food love! I totally wanna make the baked oatmeal cups, the crabby gazpacho, stuffed tomatoes, and strawberry tart… That sounds like a whole day’s worth of meals. If only I could make a day out of it :P

Yumm, I love easy microwavable desserts. My favorite Valentine’s themed food is anything chocolate- I have a little bit of an obsession. I really want to try the dark chocolate Nuttzo peanut butter! Are the nut butter from this brand more grainy than others because they use a bunch of different nuts and seeds?

Mmmmmolten lava protein cake?! SOLD!!! And thanks for reminding me of all the recipes of yours that I STILL need to make!!! Gah!!

I always say my favorite any holiday themed treat is Reese’s but I still have two PB pumpkins from LAST Halloween in my freezer! Haha! Wonder if they’re still any good? ;)