7 Things… Because Sometimes I Fail

I was going to have a really cool recipe for you today.

It’s such a cool idea involving cauliflower pizza and some crazy flavors.

While it did taste good, the crust was far too moist (I HATE that word) – it had to be eaten with a fork.  That would be fine if it was my intent… but I wanted CRUST.

So today doesn’t involve a recipe.  Laura @ Mommy Run Fast saved the day by honoring me with the One Lovely Blog Award.

As part of the award, you get to share 7 random things about you.  I’m sure you all are dying to know 7 random things about me, so here goes nothing…

1. Sometimes I fail.  And there are pictures to prove it:

2. On Wednesday my Macbook Air died.  I’ll be at the Genius Bar Saturday.

3. I’d rather stay up all night than wake up early in the morning.

4. I’m going to get an MRI on my knee tomorrow.

5. This sign found in the park I run in cracks me up.  Because I have the send of humor of a 10-year-old.

6. This time next week I’ll be in Buenos Aries.

7. I have a 2.5 lb bag of spinach that needs to be eaten before I leave on Wednesday.  Think I can do it?

Now I get to nominate a few awesome bloggers!

Here are the rules:

1) Post the award logo and picture on your blog and link back to the person who nominated you.
2) Tell seven things about yourself.
3) Nominate up to 15 additional bloggers whom you think deserve the award.
4) Post a comment on the blog of each nominee to tell them they have been nominated!

15 seems excessive, so I decided to just select a few new-ish-to-me blogs that I’m loving:

1. Calee @ Life + Running

2. Alyssa @ Life of Blyss

3. Lena @ Fit on the Rocks

4. Alex @ The Run Within

5. Natalie @ Fresh Life Findings

If anyone has a recipe that uses a TON of spinach, I’m all ears!

What was your last “fail” (kitchen or general)?

Are you a night owl or a morning person?

Comments

Aw thanks for the nomination! These facts are hilarious, I too fail way too many times at dishes. My latest was an attempt to make almond milk ice cream. Let’s just say it was icey milk… fail. Spinach domination in your future i see!

I just did that! I used Chocolate Covered Katie’s recipe with almond milk. I added a bit of guar gum – worked like a charm!

I am hands-down a morning person. Even just last night my roommate was trying so hard to keep me up talking and she was siting on my bed and was like “you’re getting ready for bed all around me…I’m starting to think you’re gonna kick me out next.” Well I didn’t exactly kick her out but 30 minutes later she was in her room trying to get me to stay up talking and I had to just say goodnight. I’d been up since 3:30!! haha!

The other day we were making brownies and carrot loaf. Everything was going well, we put both batters in the oven to bake and then started to clean up. It was then that we realized our mistake- we had used the 3/4c. measure the entire time that we were supposed to be using the 1c. measure! As you can imagine, our goodies DID NOT turn out how they were intended! The bread we were able to cut up and bake into a (sort-of) biscotti, but the brownies, well, we lost that battle.

You can DEFINITELY get through that spinach. Think- if you just wilt it down it would be about 10% of that size. :)
    I’m a morning person- TOTALLY. I have to be. When you have to be ready to “perform” for 30 kids at 7:00 am every day, you can’t really be staying up late (I learned that my first year teaching). Back when I had a desk job, I could stay out all night and party and just kind of sit in my cubicle all day.
    But, through that I’ve learned to love being a morning person. I LOVE getting so much accomplished early and having the whole day. And going to bed at 10pm on a weekend is awesome to me. :)

I buy that spinach all the time. Sauté with onion, garlic, little but of lemon. Take whole wheat pizza dough divide into 8-10 portions fill with spinach, top with a little evoo and garlic powder bake @415 15-20 min… You can freeze them too.

I did this last night on a tortilla – sauteed the spinach with sriracha and added hummus, artichokes, and Daiya. It was delish! Thanks for the idea. :)

If you have trouble eating the spinach definitely cook it – it always shrinks SO much! I like to throw it into curries or soups or stews or whatever I’m making.

Your trip sounds so awesome and I hope everything goes okay with your knee MRI!

Heck, your food fails don’t look too bad to me! I had a major one last weekend–I really wanted pancakes, tried to make some buckwheat ones, and, oh, I don’t even know what went wrong other than EVERYTHING. Dumped a bowlful of batter and a panful of burnt goo (yup, burnt AND goo at the same time) and went out for a bagel from Panera. Problem solved.

And just steam that spinach and you’ll reduce 2.5 lbs to a small bowlful :) The amazing power of cooking greens, haha.

It actually tasted really good! Just not crusty pizza.

I am a terrible pancakes maker, so I feel your pain. :)

I love your tidbits! Argentina came up quickly… so excited for you! And I have no doubt you can take care of that spinach. :) Even your failed pics look good to me, by the way!

I think you can kick that spinach’s bum, no problem!!! Good luck with the MRI. I hope it has GOOD results! Fingers are crossed. Let me know if you want to run before you leave. I’m so excited for you to go so I can live vicariously through you and hear all about yet another awesome trip!

What a fun little post girl. I love cat taking a snooze. Congrats on your award and hope you have a fab time, I am sure you will. How long do you get? Cheers!

2.5 lbs of spinach? I have faith in you to demolish it before Wednesday! I find that it shrinks SO much when I saute it so just chuck it in whenever you can! I’m so jealous your off to Argentina so soon- the travel bug has hit me but sadly I am staying put till August!

Congratulations on your award!

I just want to tell you that your sense of humor (of a 10-year-old) is one of the reasons I read your blog! My kid (the 11-year-old) did a report on Plutonium. When she read me the part that said, “It’s symbol on the periodic table is PU” I cracked up! She rolled her eyes and said, “Yeah Mom, the 5th graders thought it was funny too.” :)

13. Rebecca says

So sorry to hear about your ACL. I hope the MRI goes well. Let me know if you need anything. ENJOY ARGENTINA! Can’t wait to see pics. Don’t forget Avenida Florida–they will hand make you a leather coat there. You just need to give them 3 days.

Thanks! Too bad we couldn’t be in boots together. ;)

It’s #1 on my to-do list. After the wine tour, of course.

14. Julie says

For the spinach issue (happens all the time here)..sautee a ton in olive oil and garlic, add pine nuts and Craisins, serve over quinoa. I submitted this for a nutrition contest at work (full entree in less than 30 min) and didn’t win:( Maybe you will like!

Craisins?! awesome idea. I love that bit of sweetness with quinoa. I t sounds to me like you should have won. ;)

OH NO! On both your knee and your macbook. I hope both are healed and well soon. They both sound scary.

I’m tempted to ask you to do some research for me while you’re in Argentina – but I won’t. :D Instead, have an awesome time, and I’m looking forward to photos of food when you return!

Sorry to hear about your recipe flop… when that happens, it makes all the successes seem so real. :) I just got back from Colombia last night and going through all my emails, posts, comments, etc…. You will have so much fun on your trip, I am sure! make sure to try all the wacky tropical fruits!!

I love spinach and you can definitely eat it all! For the most spinach bang for your buck, wilt it down because it essentially disappears… Dal palak is a great way to use it up, and I think you’ve tried that already… chana saag could also work, too… or something like this simple green soup (so good!): http://tastespace.wordpress.com/2011/04/29/green-soup-with-ginger/

I cannot wait to read all about Columbia! I bet it was an amazing trip!

Thanks for the suggestions. I have made your Dal Palak before and LOVED it! That may happen tonight. The green soup look great too. You know I love sweet potatoes! :)

1. […] workout I almost forgot… but caught myself just in time.  Thanks to green smoothies, my 2.5 lb spinach bag is nearly […]