Double Feature

Remember double features at the movie theater?

You could pay for one ticket and see 2 movies.  Some of you just snuck in, I know. ;)

I haven’t seen them do that in so long!  We should start a petition to bring it back in time for Oscar season next year.  This year I spent too much money going to see the nominees.  And I did NOT like Shame.

While this post has nothing to do with movies, it does contain some features!

First up, I was THRILLED (and shocked) when Fitness Magazine reached out to me and asked if I’d be willing to do an interview and submit a recipe for a spot in their “Fit Blogger We Love” series.

Click here for the full interview and to find out what my fitness mantra is.

Feature #2 is a guest post.  I’m guesting Kimberly @ Badger Girl Learns to Cook (not to be confused with Honey Badger).

Click here to check out my reasons for seasonal eating, and for one of my favorite spring recipes: Meyer Lemon Ricotta Penne with Asparagus.

Note to my plant-based peeps: You can use the “cheese” from the recipe in the Fitness Mag feature to make the penne dish vegan.

Annnnd a Bonus Feature:

My Raspberry Baked Oatmeal To-Go made the Food Buzz Top 9 today!

Thank you SO MUCH for the Buzz, and welcome new readers!

My mantra right now is “one more day until Friday!”

What was your favorite Oscar-nominated move this year?

Do you have a fitness mantra?  What is it?

Comments

Thank you for the 2 for 1 feature today!

Congrats on the magazine interview. Way to get your name out there and have more readers :)

I read Badger Girl regularly so I was pleasantly surprised this morning when I opened her post and there was your delicious recipe (probably another Top 9 coming your way).

I am WAY behind times and didn’t see any of the Oscar movies (I am pretty sure a silent movie is not for me) I have a hard time sitting still that long and just don’t have the attention span for most movies, OH WELL!

Have a great day!

Congrats, congrats, congrats! Holy wow, that is awesome!
    I smiled to miyself when I read your interview because just this morning as I was walking to the gym I said to myself, “Every damn day.” and then I thought of you and your shirt!

Thanks Candy!

Funny side note: there’s a homeless guys in Atlanta that has the men’s version of that shirt. It kind of make me want to give him money every damn day…

Hell yeah to your fitness mantra- totally agree! Congrats on all your features! My fitness mantra is definitely “You’re only one workout from a good mood”….low intensity or high, any kind of movement is a surefire way to get those endorphins going!

Yay- congrats on all that good stuff!! So glad that more people will find out about your fabulous blog!
    Once again, I haven’t seen a single movie that was nominated. I never, ever go to the movies. Okay, that’s not true, I go like 3-4 times a year, but it’s usually just whenever Paul Rudd is in a new movie. :)
    I would like to see the Descendants though!
    My mantra: One more week til spring break!!

Thanks Lauren! I don’t know what got into me this year. I’m not a movie person but I suddenly wanted to see like 3 or 4 of the nominated movies. I was, of course, disappointed.

5. Anonymous says

Congrats on the interview Laura…that is awesome!

My fitness mantra? Lift as many bottles/glasses of wines as humanly possible in one day. :-)