Sweet Potato Pie Chia Pudding

We’re on Day 5 of a successful cleanse!

16 to go.

Honestly, it hasn’t been hard.  It’s been so great having the friend support, and seeing them feel good makes me even more determined.

Results come quickly!  My friend sent me the following message yesterday morning:

I have an inordinate amount of energy.  This from a girl who consumed no less than 6 servings a day of caffeine… I’m like, let me clean the whole house, do laundry, and work all day with my kid on my hip.  WOO!

I’m so proud of my best friend!!!

The daily breakfast smoothies continue.  I do love smoothies.  With all of the random things I throw in them, I rarely end up with the same concoctions (except my favorite Liquid Sweet Potato Pie).

Atlanta finally get cold(er) this week and the thought of a cold drink for breakfast was too much to handle.  Then I remembered – seeds are allowed on the cleanse… that makes chia pudding legal!

I typically make fruit-based chia puddings like this peach cobbler chia or this banana cashew… but there was a giant sweet potato staring at me.  With my favorite smoothie in mind, I decided to try it as a chia pudding.

Sweet Potato Pie Chia Pudding.  Sweet chia, it was good.

Nuts aren’t allowed, so that ruled out adding my usual nut butters… again, seeds are legal… sesame… tahini!  Turned out to be a genius mix-in.  The nuttytoasty flavor came through subtly, adding a cool dimension.

The martini glass certainly added something as well. :)

Cheers to Friday! (Recipe at the bottom of this post.)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Oh yeah… we need a WINNER for the “Be My Veggie Valentine” giveaway for 1 of 3 boxes of Almond “Heart Beet” cookies and Grapefruit Fennel cookies from Cookie Underground!

Thank you for all of the creative veggie cookie suggestions!  It seemed like a carrot and/or sweet potato ginger flavor was the most popular.  You know I loved that with my orange-food obsession.

Winner #1:

Claire @ Live and Love to Eat

Winner #2:

Ashley @ Freckles & Spice

Winner #3:

Jen

Please email me your addresses ASAP in order to receive your cookies for V-Day!!!

Sweet-potato-chia-pudding

Sweet Potato Pie Chia Pudding

• 1/4 large sweet potato, baked
  • 1 T chia seeds
  • 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
  • 1/2 C unsweetened vanilla coconut milk (or other liquid of choice)
  • 2 tsp tahini
  • 1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/8 tsp ginger
  • 2-3 drops vanilla stevia
  • Shake of salt
  • Pinch cloves

In a bowl, mash up the sweet potato until smooth.  Mix in all other ingredients and refrigerate at least 1 hour (or overnight).  If it looks too thick, add more milk or water as needed.

Stir and enjoy!

Weekends are always my clean-eating weakness, so I’m really excited to have a dinner and game night with my cleanse buddies!

Have you made chia pudding before?

Are you celebrating Valentine’s Day this weekend?  Share your plans – let me live vicariously!

Comments

I have yet to try sweet potato dessert anything! You’re slowing convincing me to take my love for this veggie to the next course…hahaha! I think (like Lindsay) I’m going to start with a smoothie and go from there! Happy Friday!

I was excited to see you wonI was excited to see you won! Can’t wait to see what you think – they are soooo delicious.

That cleanse? I talked more in detail on Wednesday, but it’s basically a 21 days of veggies and fruits… and some protein shakes.

That looks so good–I can’t believe you’re doing a cleanse. You are a rock star, because I could never handle it. The lack of caffeine alone would send me into a stupor.

This is very interesting indeed, and I would love to just have it overnighted to me here because it got really cold and I am feeling like being pampered. I have never used chia seeds. think it may be time? is this pudding sweet or more neutral?

It got cold here too! I’m not happy… being pampered sounds awesome. :)

The pudding isn’t too sweet, but you could add more stevia (or sweetener of your choice) to adjust to your tastes.

You have to try it! Some people have to get used to the texture, but I find it to be a good alternative to yogurt in the morning.

I love how you classed up your cleanse pudding with martini glasses. I swear you can make anything look fun! While I am still scared of doing a cleanse (I’m afraid I’ll be hungry all day!), I am inspired by all of the bloggers I’ve seen doing them lately. So, maybe, just maybe I’ll buck up and do one soon. Thanks for sharing your journey!

This one really isn’t bad. I eat a pretty plant-based diet anyway though. It’s nice because you an still eat food and can eat unlimited amounts of veggies, so you aren’t ever starving.

Wow…what a concoction! I would love to make this sometime for a healthy treat/small meal…so creative, Laura! And I loved hearing your how your friend is feeling b/c of the cleanse – way to go, best friend! :D

A concoction, it was! :) Please let me know if you try it!

I’ll pass the world along to her – I am SO proud of her and her mamma who has changed her eating habits as well. Cheers to healthy living!

It’s a shame you don’t have a donate button! I’d without a doubt donate to this excellent blog! I guess for now i’ll settle for bookmarking and adding your RSS feed to my
    Google account. I look forward to brand new updates and will share this site with my
    Facebook group. Talk soon!

1. [...] This Sweet Potato Pie Chia Pudding I posted earlier this month made an appearance.  I added a pinch of cardamom to the mix last night, which was fabulous.  However… [...]