Starting Off 2012 Right

Notice anything new?

Look up… there’s gullible written on the ceiling.

I kid.  Look at the top of the screen.  I have a new HEADER!!!

The amazing, talented, and hilarious Holly @ The Healthy Everythingtarian designed it for me.  If you don’t already read her blog, then you should start.  She is a great writer and makes some of the most yummy-looking food on the web.

In addition to the new header starting my 2012 off right, I did a couple of other things to kick off the New Year:

Dinner with some of my best friends

An awesome drink

(ok, a few awesome drinks…)

Blind Eye - mezcal, raspberry syrup, cynar, lemon, and cava

• 1 C unsweetened almond milk
  • 1/4 tsp cinnamon
  • 1/2 tsp almond extract
  • 4-5 drops liquid stevia
  • Ice + Water, to taste

_________________________________________________________________________

Remember when I said I’m not a Resolution-maker?

I lied a little… I set 5 goals for 2011:

1. Run another Half Marathon – Check!
  2. Work on my fitness, focusing on nutrition and building muscle – Check-ish.  There was a little holiday indulgence and I only made it to a 2 pack.
  3. Develop more original recipes – Check!
  4. Surround myself with good people – Check!  I have the best friends. :)
  5. Advance at work – Check!  I was accepted into a leadership program and exceed my goals for 2011.

Writing down goals DOES work – I hit all 5 (with those small exceptions).

In 2012 I just want to start off with this in mind:

_________________________________________________________________________

Last week was a little crazy with the unexpected travel, but I managed to squeeze in 6 days of workouts.  I started 2012 with a 12K run.  Doing it in kilometers was a little cheat… but I can’t just bust out 12 miles like Matt. ;)  I was pleasantly surprised at how good it felt since I haven’t been running.  My pace was even good at a 7:37 min/mile average.

Workout Recap (12/26 – 1/1)

• Monday - TRX suspension class, 100 push-ups
  • Tuesday - This BodyRock, Elliptical – 45 mins, 100 push-ups
  • Wednesday – Rest, 100 push-ups
  • Thursday - Kickboxing, TRX
  • Friday - Tris/Chest
  • Saturday – Kickboxing, 100 push-ups

I’m looking forward to a kick ass 2012!

How did you start off the new year?

What are you most looking forward to this month?

Comments

Well done for smashing through all of your 2011 goals, and for achieving all the stuff that wasn’t on the list, your catering gig being a fabulous example!! :) Love the new header! And I love the two inspirational pictures/quotes as well, def stealing them both! That last one is especially cool as I think too often people (including me) work out to change a part of their body they dislike or they drag themselves to the gym because they look in the mirror and don’t like what they see whereas thats completely the wrong way to look at it! And I’m certain that with the right attitude about working out you get wayyy better results! :) Thanks for sharing!

Thank you so much! Great point about the right attitude and results – you get so much more out of enjoyable workouts.

Happy New Year! Love the new header, it looks great!!
    I bought some fresh spinach today so I could make a green smoothie and then my blender broke halfway through.. grr! But your green smoothie looks good! I’ve never added avocade to one but I’ll try it sometime!

Great job on achieving all your goals for 2011!

yayyyyy for starting 2012 with a bang! i am sooo happy you love the header, and i couldn’t have been happier to do it for you. so thank YOU!

also, love the goal for the year – it’s time to LOVE our bodies people! on that note, i am off to the gym for a 3-mile run myself.

happy new year love! <3

The new header looks great. Glad you had a fun New Year’s. I’m looking forward to getting a job in 2012. I mean, I have to get one at some point this year, right? But more than actually getting a job, I’m looking forward to getting one that I like!

CONGRATS on making your 2011 goals! I have no doubt that you’ll make your 2012 goals too! I think you should add sending me some of that peanut butter icing to your list of goals! LOL! I had the best start of 2012… brought in the new year at meditation and yoga. Woop whoop! :D Oh, and congrats on the new banner! Que lovely! :D

LOL! Gladly. I love anything resembling dessert for breakfast.

Sounds like you had the perfect start to the year. Cheers to a good 2012!

I started off the new year in Florida with friends – I was so tired and had to force myself to stay awake until midnight. ;) I have not run since last Monday, a little vacation break before the “crazy” mileage reappears this week.

Love the new header!! I need to make some pretty updates to my blog like that this year. I’m still working on my 2012 goals.

7. Mark says

Great job on the new header, Holly and Laura. Looks terrific!

I think there’s a lot to be said for looking back at goals you set a year ago and realizing you’ve accomplished them after basically forgetting you set them. Probably means you’re livin’ right. ;)

Love the new header!!! :) And, good job on your 5 goals. I like the term “checkish”. :) You’ve also just inspired me to try avocado in a smoothie. Hmmm… green….. :)