Notice anything new?
Look up… there’s gullible written on the ceiling.
I kid. Look at the top of the screen. I have a new HEADER!!!
The amazing, talented, and hilarious Holly @ The Healthy Everythingtarian designed it for me. If you don’t already read her blog, then you should start. She is a great writer and makes some of the most yummy-looking food on the web.
In addition to the new header starting my 2012 off right, I did a couple of other things to kick off the New Year:
Dinner with some of my best friends
An awesome drink
(ok, a few awesome drinks…)
Pumpkin Zucchini Muffin with Peanut Butter “Icing” for Breakfast
Peanut Butter Icing
- 1 T peanut four
- Splash unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- Pinch of salt
12K run for 2012
Banana Avocado Smoothie
- 1/4 avocado
- 1/2 banana
- 1 C spinach
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp Maca
- 1 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1/4 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- 4-5 drops liquid stevia
- Ice + Water, to taste
Remember when I said I’m not a Resolution-maker?
I lied a little… I set 5 goals for 2011:
- Run another Half Marathon – Check!
- Work on my fitness, focusing on nutrition and building muscle – Check-ish. There was a little holiday indulgence and I only made it to a 2 pack.
- Develop more original recipes – Check!
- Surround myself with good people – Check! I have the best friends. 🙂
- Advance at work – Check! I was accepted into a leadership program and exceed my goals for 2011.
Writing down goals DOES work – I hit all 5 (with those small exceptions).
In 2012 I just want to start off with this in mind:
Last week was a little crazy with the unexpected travel, but I managed to squeeze in 6 days of workouts. I started 2012 with a 12K run. Doing it in kilometers was a little cheat… but I can’t just bust out 12 miles like Matt. 😉 I was pleasantly surprised at how good it felt since I haven’t been running. My pace was even good at a 7:37 min/mile average.
Workout Recap (12/26 – 1/1)
- Monday – TRX suspension class, 100 push-ups
- Tuesday – This BodyRock, Elliptical – 45 mins, 100 push-ups
- Wednesday – Rest, 100 push-ups
- Thursday – Kickboxing, TRX
- Friday – Tris/Chest
- Saturday – Kickboxing, 100 push-ups
- Sunday – 12K run (in honor of 2012), 100 push-ups
I’m looking forward to a kick ass 2012!
How did you start off the new year?
What are you most looking forward to this month?