My inner high schooler is showing.
I used to LOVE taking quizzes. The ones people would pass around in school or MySpace or email… I took them all. To the point where it probably annoyed people.
When I was tagged for this quiz on Claire’s blog, I got
unnaturally excited. Thanks Claire!
- You must post these rules
- Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog
- Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer
11 Things About Me
1. I sit on a Swiss ball at work. The desk chair hurts my hips!
2. My co-workers think I’m weird – for the Swiss ball and for the random foods I bring for lunch. Sorry, no Big Macs for me.
3. I haven’t had more than a few bites of meat in 2012. I’m not a vegetarian because I love to try new things and don’t want to feel restricted… but I do have a plant-based diet.
4. 2 years ago I ate about 3-4 burgers and 1 steak a week. Since the end of 2010 I haven’t had more than half of a burger or a bite of steak (with the exception of my 2 weeks in Italy… when in Rome Florence!).
5. I have the a terrible memory when it come to names or events, but I can rattle off recipes and statistics like nobody’s business.
6. In high school I went through a phase where I only work men’s XL shirts and Birkenstocks. Those pictures have been burned.
7. I’ve been going to the same hair stylist since I was 15… despite the fact that I now have to drive an hour to see her. Karen and Lava Hair Studio are the best!
8. If I could have any job, I would develop recipes/new concepts for restaurants.
9. Yes, I really do 100 push-ups nearly every day. No, I don’t do them at once – sets of 3!
10. Red wine is my
weakness kryptonite. Specifically, Italian reds. I would even choose it over cookies.
Which leads me to #11…
11. Just like Claire, if I had no other ties or commitments and unlimited funds I would move to Italy and never look back. I might do it anyway.
Claire’s 11 questions were in list form: “Tell me about your 11 favorite foods (restaurant, grocery store, or homemade).”
This is actually really hard for me – it’s like choosing a favorite child! In no particular order, here’s what comes to mind…
- These Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies
- Sweet potatoes protein shakes like this one
- The hummus from Top Flr. It’s the best I’ve ever had.
- My mom’s Carrot Cake (made from my grandmother’s recipe)
- Flourless chocolate cake with sea salt and olive oil from La Tavola (with a glass of Amarone)
- This Zucchini Bread Oatmeal
- Sriracha (a.k.a. Rooster Sauce)
- Guacamole – extra jalapenos
- Indian food – I don’t care what it is, just pass it this way with extra spice on the side
- Gnocchi with shaved black truffles from one of Italy’s first Slow Food restaurants – Osteria dell’ Arco in Alba
- Pizza - specifically authentic Italian pizza from places like Antico Pizza
Now I get to tag! It doesn’t say how many people, so I’ll choose 5 because I like prime numbers.
- Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit
- Christin @ Purple Bird Blog
- Holly @ Healthy Everythingtarian
- Heather @ Better with Veggies
- Carol @ Lucky Zucca
For my 11 questions, I would love to know:
- What are your 5 favorite foods?
- What are the 3 best things you cook/bake/concoct in the kitchen?
- What 3 things you would do first if you were President of the United States?
This weekend I’m going to the Atlanta Underground Market again. The theme is Bruch… which I think should always be the theme.
What are you getting into this weekend?
What are some of your favorite foods? Do we share any of the same?