Pop Quiz

My inner high schooler is showing.

I used to LOVE taking quizzes.  The ones people would pass around in school or MySpace or email… I took them all.  To the point where it probably annoyed people.

When I was tagged for this quiz on Claire’s blog, I got unnaturally excited.  Thanks Claire!

The rules:

1. You must post these rules
  2. Each person must post 11 things about themselves on their blog
  3. Answer the questions the tagger set for you in their post and create 11 new questions for the people you tag to answer

___________________________________________________________________________________

11 Things About Me

1. I sit on a Swiss ball at work.  The desk chair hurts my hips!

2. My co-workers think I’m weird – for the Swiss ball and for the random foods I bring for lunch.  Sorry, no Big Macs for me.

3. I haven’t had more than a few bites of meat in 2012.  I’m not a vegetarian because I love to try new things and don’t want to feel restricted… but I do have a plant-based diet.

4. 2 years ago I ate about 3-4 burgers and 1 steak a week.  Since the end of 2010 I haven’t had more than half of a burger or a bite of steak (with the exception of my 2 weeks in Italy… when in Rome Florence!).

5. I have the a terrible memory when it come to names or events, but I can rattle off recipes and statistics like nobody’s business.

6. In high school I went through a phase where I only work men’s XL shirts and Birkenstocks.  Those pictures have been burned.

7. I’ve been going to the same hair stylist since I was 15… despite the fact that I now have to drive an hour to see her.  Karen and Lava Hair Studio are the best!

8. If I could have any job, I would develop recipes/new concepts for restaurants.

9. Yes, I really do 100 push-ups nearly every day.  No, I don’t do them at once – sets of 3!

10. Red wine is my weakness kryptonite.   Specifically, Italian reds.  I would even choose it over cookies.

Which leads me to #11…

11. Just like Claire, if I had no other ties or commitments and unlimited funds I would move to Italy and never look back.  I might do it anyway.

Claire’s 11 questions were in list form: “Tell me about your 11 favorite foods (restaurant, grocery store, or homemade).”

This is actually really hard for me – it’s like choosing a favorite child!  In no particular order, here’s what comes to mind…

1. These Chocolate Sea Salt Cookies
  2. Sweet potatoes protein shakes like this one
  3. The hummus from Top Flr.  It’s the best I’ve ever had.
  4. My mom’s Carrot Cake (made from my grandmother’s recipe)
  5. Flourless chocolate cake with sea salt and olive oil from La Tavola (with a glass of Amarone)
  6. This Zucchini Bread Oatmeal
  7. Sriracha (a.k.a. Rooster Sauce)
  8. Guacamole – extra jalapenos
  9. Indian food – I don’t care what it is, just pass it this way with extra spice on the side
  10. Gnocchi with shaved black truffles from one of Italy’s first Slow Food restaurants – Osteria dell’ Arco in Alba
  11. Pizza – specifically authentic Italian pizza from places like Antico Pizza

Now I get to tag!  It doesn’t say how many people, so I’ll choose 5 because I like prime numbers.

For my 11 questions, I would love to know:

• What are your 5 favorite foods?
  • What are the 3 best things you cook/bake/concoct in the kitchen?

This weekend I’m going to the Atlanta Underground Market again.  The theme is Bruch… which I think should always be the theme. :)

What are you getting into this weekend?

What are some of your favorite foods?  Do we share any of the same?

Comments

Your list of favorite foods is doing nothing for my grumbling stomach! I think it’s time to make some breakfast.

My five favorite foods in no particular order are masala dosas, paneer makhani, enchiladas, chocolate anything, and my mom’s lasagna.

Ok, now it’s really time for breakfast. :) Happy Friday, Laura!

Although, (I think) our palates are very different we do very much share a love of all things Italian. I believe Italian food and wine deserve to be food groups all their own so those are my favorites along with sweet potatoes, nut butters, and scallops.

If you looked at my high school pictures, I’m not sure you’d be able to tell much difference. I’ve actually made it my mission the past year to stop dressing the same way I did in high school!

Loved your post and your hair stylist does GREAT things. You’re lucky you’ve been able to see her so long :D

Come one now… spinach really does go with everything. ;)

Thank you for the compliment – I’ll let Karen know she’s a hit!

Hahaha love the shirts and birkenstocks shout! I remember when I was about 15/16 I used to love wearing these bright blue legwarmers with some tight totally shredded (back and front) jeans and high heel pointy toed white shoes. Along with a studded belt with a chain hanging off it and a ridiculous attitude of course! I don’t know who the eff I thought I was! What a wally! Haha! Thank god I haven’t seen ANY photos floating about! As for the market, Atlanta sounds like SUCH a cool place to live! Have a good weekend love! :)

I need to get a swiss ball and have the courage to bring that into work – I love that you use that! And I would move to italy (or really, most place in Europe), that’s on my bucket list.

Oh man – those questions are hard!! I’ll have to block out some time to answer those next week. :)

Well, she did move to open her own salon which is why I have to drive so far. I think even if she moved to NYC I’d fly to see her though! It’s so hard to find someone you love.

I definitely support you moving to Italy and never looking back! You only live once!

What are your 5 favorite foods? – I would go, pizza, salad, bread, nut butters, fruits/veggies
    What are the 3 best things you cook/bake/concoct in the kitchen? – i think my coconut flour pancakes were pretty good, and my gingerbread waffles as well as my homemade pizza dough :)
    What 3 things you would do first if you were President of the United States? – oh boy. I’m going to pass on this question because I just have NO idea!

Haha! I was lucky – I just grabbed the biggest one they had at TJ Maxx and it worked! If I was using it for exercise, I’d have needed a smaller ball. Why do I talk about balls so much on this blog?!

I’m very similar… not officially a vegetarian, but very rarely have meat anymore these days. Your chocolate-sea salt cookies sound awesome… and guacamole and homemade carrot cake are way up there on my list, too!

I second all of your fav foods and will add pickled beets, popcorn, ice cream sundaes with extra nuts, and sunflower butter, and green machine smoothies to the list.

Do it anyway, do it anyway! Italy awaits!!

I’m completely in this whole “life is an adventure and screw responsibility let’s all throw caution to the wind and go live somewhere exciting completely broke yes yes yes!”

Hopefully I’ll still feel this way in six months or so :)

And for hair as awesome as yours, I’d drive an hour too.

How fun! Love the idea of sitting on a Swiss ball at work… I’ve been meaning to work that out in my home office for a while… 100 push up a day, eh? That is impressive…. Good thing a have a good memory ;) otherwise, I’d really be feeling small right about now – hee,hee. Very fun learning more about you Laura.

You have a plant-based diet and don’t eat meat? Your logic fails me Laura. You can purchase meats from animals feed off of plant based things. Therefore you’re indirectly still eating plants and can proudly resume eating meats. Jeez how come I have to explain everything to you? ;-)

Oh i feel like we share way too many of the same food favorites. LOL. I’m so jealous of your underground market. I would really like to go to one (and drink wine with you). :)

1. [...] was tagged by Laura back in January (oops) for this 11 Things quiz and am finally getting around to it. I have to [...]