Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal

The truth is…

While I have shared with you all the good food from the past two days, it’s been a pretty tough week.

Following that delicious Vietnamese meal I posted for WIAW, I went back to a hotel room where I worked until 4am.

And my computer crashed before I saved.  Twice.

The next morning I learned my spreadsheet fun isn’t over and I’m now in the middle of a new circle of hell another pile of VLOOKUPs and analysis.

I really do love my job… but I really do hate Excel.

The week has also left me short of time to workout.  I did manage to hit the hotel dreadmill for a quick mile… only to discover my knee still isn’t better.  Like clockwork, at 0.8 miles it hurts and feels like it’s going to buckle under me.

So today I’m not feeling wordy.  Nor do I have time to be.

Bad hotel breakfasts also drag me down.  What I really wanted was this:

This breakfast really is a good one.  Hotels, please take note.

Baked oats with mashed banana and peanut butter.  Topped with blueberries, chopped hazelnuts, and syrup at the very end.

It’s comfort food.  And I need to be held.

End of the bowl = end of my pity party today.

___________________________________________________________________________________

Peanut Butter Banana Baked Oatmeal

• 1/2 ripe banana, mashed
  • 1 T peanut butter
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 1/4-1/2 tsp cinnamon
  • 4-5 drops vanilla stevia
  • 1 tsp coconut oil (optional)
  • Shake of salt
  • 1/3 C oatmeal
  • 1/4 C unsweetened almond milk

Preheat oven to 375 degrees.

Place all ingredients except oats and milk in small bowl.  Mix until combined, then add raw oats and milk. Pour into a ramekin and cook for 15-20 mins, or until firm. Finish on broil for just a few seconds to brown the top.

Optional toppings: nuts, blueberries, more peanut butter, coconut oil, syrup

Serves 1.

Now I feel bad whining because I really am grateful for a lot this week: being in the Top 9, my awesome mom, and having a good job.

Do you ever need a pity party… and feel bad about said pity party?

What are you grateful for this week?

Comments

Yes and yes! I think it’s fine to throw yourself a pity party every now and then, as long as you pick yourself back up and keep going.

I am really grateful for my mom this week. She’s my ray of sunshine!

Yeah… I remembered I had them after the fact. Surprisingly, the hot baked oats still warmed them enough to be juicy!

I’ve been kind of having a “meh” week myself. Hope the funk doesn’t last for you!
    The oatmeal sounds fantastic, I’ve never actually baked oatmeal…

Sorry you’re having one of those weeks too!

Let me know if you try it! I love baked oatmeal because it’s like a little cake for breakfast.

That is a AWESOME idea! I bet it would be a hit. There are so many boutique hotel popping up everywhere already. We just need an investor…

Haha love that ‘file missing’ button! Yes please to wine! And thank you for the breakfast idea as I ran out of cereal yesterday and plain old porridge bored me to death today so you KNOW your baked oatmeal is happening tomorrow! Can’t wait!! :) I hope next week is much better for you love!

Single serving sized baked oatmeal? I could just kiss you right now. This means I can have baked oatmeal every day! I just made a big batch for all of us yesterday which was supposed to serve 6. It only served 3. I was throwing myself a pity party yesterday too, which I feel bad about now. All that snow and all I could think about was the plans I had to cancel and schedule I had to change when I should have just been thankful for a day off to spend playing with my kids. Ugh.

Snow is definitely a good excuse for a pity party! At least it’s been a mild season. On the bright side, the snow does is perfect oatmeal weather. :)

Definitely! What is it about women, we feel guilty for feeling bad… those days come, and there is no need to bash ourselves for not being happy all the time! I haven’t made baked oatmeal in a long time, yours looks sooo good!!

Seriously? Seriously?!???! Your computer crashed twice?!?!?!? I’m sorry dude! At least there’s brotip #205 … and oatmeal! :D Hope your weekend is better!

That recipe looks awesome, Laura! It’s the first thing I’m going to add back to my diet once I stop my gluten-free thing (the gluten-free oats here in Scotland are crazy expensive).
    Hope your week is getting better!

That’s terrible you can’t get them! When you get back, try the Bob’s Mill Gluten-Free. They are my favorite oats and I’m not even GF!

I may or may not have just had a quick cry in a bathroom so that no one would see, so yes, pity parties do happen in my world. I would’ve given you a great big hug, my dear, for yours. xo

9. Ambra says

I may have to try and figure out how to adjust this to make the muffin tin baked oatmeal like your raspberry and sweet potato oatmeals. It looks really good!