Happy New Years Eve!!!
In case you do get a little over-zealous while welcoming 2012…
Top 5 Hangover Helpers:
- Sleep – roll over and pray it goes away
- Hydrate – before you roll over and go back to sleep, chug a big glass of water or Gatorade (taking a Motrin or Excedrin Migraine with it may not be a bad idea either)
- Exercise – nothing works better than to sweat out all those toxins (not that I would know)
- Hair of the Dog – there’s a reason bloody’s and mimosas are breakfast drinks. They work. Just watch out or you’ll only have a worse hang over the following day!
- Kombucha – It may be in my head, but I swear this stuff lessens a hangover. Is it the tummy-pleasing enzymes? The fermentation? The carbonation? Who cares. It works.
Other ideas include: Waffle House, coffee, (caffeine), Pedialyte. Mom says orange juice. Baby sis says Emergen-C before going out and pickles the next day.
You can thank us later (when your head stops pounding).
In all the excitement I almost forgot to post about my December Foodie Penpal treats!
The amazing Rachael @ The Avid Appetite sent me a package not to be forgotten!
In it was homemade marshmallows (which were gone in about 30 minutes!), a fantastic loaf of banana bread, KIND bars, and a couple of holiday teas. Sometimes I think bloggers have ESP – how did she know that banana bread is my favorite loaf and that KIND bars have been on my “to try” list for literally a year? Thanks, Rachel!!! And thank you for organizing, Lindsay!
Want a Foodie Penpal of your own?
-Your full name
-Your email address
-Your blog name/address
-Your twitter handle (if applicable)
She will need to hear from you by January 4th - penpals will be notified on January 5th!
Thank you for all of the wonderful comments yesterday AND for the votes to land me in the FoodBuzz Top 9 today (check it out here) – you guys made my 2011!
What are your big plans tonight?
Any hangover cures to share?