In honor of the long weekend I took a little break.
Not from activity, just blogging. Of course lots happened in the meantime!
1. I made it back from a whirlwind tour of the country.
2. As soon as I located my car at the airport (harder than it sounds when you leave if for a week), I was on my way to pick up my BFF for a post-baby “date” at one of Atlanta’s best restaurants – Restaurant Eugene.
3. After a morning run, I spent some QT with Mom. Poolside.
4. Did a little shopping and went to dinner with the girls. We shared everything – my favorite way to dine!
6. I met my Italy travel companion and foodie friend for a little tennis before lunch… and we saw a pirate along the way.
7. After another epic trip to the Dekalb Farmer’s Market (a.k.a. Cook’s Heaven), we reconvened to grill up a tasty dinner.
8. No pics today… but I did get in a great 6.5 mile run. 70 degrees and drizzling rain – bad for my tan, perfect for my run.
Check out their blogs if you don’t already!
Haley posts some of the best workouts I’ve seen yet. Her stories are also fantastic – every time she recaps a night out with friends I’m convinced we were meant to be BFFs.
Lisa come up with some of the best “healthy” recipes on the web. I recently made her Vegan Fudge Brownies and loved every bite! She also has a beautiful family that I love reading about.
1. Name your favourite colour: Call me boring, but black is my favorite color. Look in my closet if you don’t believe me.
2. Name your favourite song: I love music, so this is really hard. I’m going to go with a stand by – Rhiannon by Stevie Nicks (of Fleetwood Mac fame). Check her out in 1976:
3. Name your favourite dessert: Anything chocolate and cake-like. Like the S’mores Brownies I made. Pass the fork and don’t even think about trying to steal a bite.
4. What wizzes you off: Unsolicited opinions. If I want your opinion, I’ll give it to you.
5. When you’re upset you: I get mad – I’m not a crier.
6. Your favourite pet: Growing up we had a cat named Twinkle. This cat was the best cat in the world. As a kitten she would patiently let my sisters and me dress her in doll clothes. As a grown cat who was introduced to the new dog she was tolerant and even shared a squirrel or two. In college I cried like a small child when mom called to tell me she had to be put down.
7. Black or white: See question #1
8. Your biggest fear: Throwing up. I had a phobia as a child and would call mom begging her to get me from school because I thought I’d be sick in public. I’m not sure where that came from, but to this day I refuse to get sick.
9. Best feature: I like my arms. Thank you, push-ups. I’m up to 100 now!
10. Everyday attitude: I’m echoing Haley… totally sarcastic, can get a little bitchy… but in a way that has a touch of humor. I’m generally happy, but have little patience (hence, I can NEVER reproduce). It’s possible that I annoy everyone around me with my enthusiasm for food.
11. What is perfection: Perfection… no worries, total freedom to travel and explore different cultures. Tasting menus. Good friends. Good wine. Constant adventure and growth.
12. Guilty pleasure: Waffle House. I have a love for chocolate chip waffles, hash browns (well-done), and the patrons of this fine establishment.
Now I have the honor of tagging 7 other people to share the same fun facts for the Butterfly Award! In no particular order:
- Holly @ Healthy Everythingtarian
- Lee @ In My Tummy
- Jenn @ Peas and Crayons
- Sarah @ Smart Kitchen
- Parita @ My Inner Shakti
- Mary @ Bites and Bliss
- Corey @ Learning Patience
I’m enjoying my free Chick-fil-a breakfast this morning. Mmmmm…
What was your favorite part of the long weekend?
Do you have a little shock when you have to return to work after 3 days off? I do!