Green Tea Spinach Smoothie

Random thought of the day:

I read a study once (no idea who it was by) that claimed the 1st stall in the restroom is the one used least frequently.

Naturally, I began always using the first stall.  Less frequent usage = increased likelihood the stall will be clean-ish.

Yesterday I realized the study can’t possibly apply at my office.  Every time I go in the bathroom that stall is occupied!

I’m proposing a new hypthosis: the middle stall is the one used least often.  Particularly in a 3-holer where the last stall is the #2 handicapped stall.

____________________________________________________________________________

Back to your regular scheduled programming.  Please don’t make any connections to my restroom observations and the green smoothie.

Leanne @ Healthful Pursuit posted a Green Energy Smoothie at just the right time for me.  I felt like I didn’t get enough “good for you” greens this weekend.  A green drink is just what I need to replenish.

I made my own version with what I had.  I would have loved to add some ginger too, but I’m all out.

The best part?  No juicer required!  I did it all in my Magic Bullet. :)

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Green Tea Spinach Smoothie

• 1/2 cucumber, peeled and sliced
  • 1 C spinach
  • 1/8 C cilantro
  • 1/4 C unsweetened apple sauce
  • 1 C kombucha green tea, brewed and chilled
  • 1/2 tsp lemon juice

Blend and enjoy!

It’s going to be a green week after my farmer’s market run.  Next up: kale!

Do you make random observations about things that probably don’t matter?

How would you customize this green drink?  I think red zinger tea would be fantastic in it too!

Comments

I’ve read that about the first stall too! My work bathroom has 4 stalls, but they’re like two and two and I always use the first one (either of them), but I think everyone does because the flusher doesn’t work properly on one of the others and the other is the handicapped stall.

I’m sure you wanted to know all of that!

You can make this with your fancy juicer. And add carrots! I’d love to so that but it doesn’t work so well in the Bullet.

I’m fairly certain the middle one has been proven to be the most used, but clearly not in your office! You go with what works, m’lady ;) What an amazingly creative concoction!

You could put basil or parsley or mint in it for more flavor if you like those better… but I’m sure it would be good without too! :)

I make random observations all the time. I like to pretend there’s a reason for everything, like why I chose a certain stall or have to put the toilet paper on the roll the correct, less-germy way. I realize it’s silly, but I guess that’s better than not caring about the little things, right? Sure.

Pretty!! I’m not completely sold on the spinach but I think its worth a try :) Also- I agree that the middle stall gets used less, just so you know.

I’ve read it’s the second to last stall (the one before the handicap) and so far, it’s been pretty accurate. I guess the theory goes that people walk in and either go for convenience (first stall) or luxury (handicap). Also, I love that we’re talking about this. Ah. The magic of the internet.

The middle stall sounds like a safe bet for sure although at my work I think the first stall theory fits!

That’s a very green smoothie you made. I love the idea of adding green tea to it and ginger sounds like an excellent addition too.

1. [...] it will turn your beverage green, but you’ll never taste a difference.  Check out this green spinach smoothie: [...]