Biscoff Cookie Dough Balls

Let’s talk about balls.

Hee hee… yes, I’m 10 years old…

Delta is my home-away-from-home this week.  Lots of work travel.  It’s only appropriate that I highlight my favorite Delta snack – Biscoff.

biscoff

Ever since Miss Smart benevolently bequeathed unto me a scrumptious jar of my very own Biscoff spread, I’ve been fantasizing innovating new and decedent different ways to use it.

I’m officially on the sauce.  Soft serve sauce, that is. :)

Enter: Biscoff Cookie Dough Balls.

I’ve got a lovely bunch of coconut balls… here they are standing in a row…

No joke – these really are like eating a big, satisfying bite of Biscoff cookie dough.

This edible cookie dough is a bite-sized ball of brown-sugar and coconutty deliciousness.  At less than 60 calories, 2.5g of sugar, and 1 gram of protein, they aren’t that bad for you!  I’m not claiming Biscoff to be a health food, but the other ingredients are. :)

A couple of these balls make a great pre-workout snack – easy to grab and go with a teensy sugar boost to pick you up.  They even have a whole gram of protein each!

These may be the best balls yet.  And I really, really loved S’more Balls.

Don’t worry, you’re getting the recipe…. AFTER you tell me if you’ve been doing push-ups!

I’m really proud of myself – I did them all but one day this week.  The day I skipped was one where I did the P90X Tricep workout, which is push-up-heavy.

I also tried out a new-ish ab exercise.  Hayley @ Oat Couture posted 4 and 6-minute versions of a plank sequence she does.  It reminded me that I’ve been slacking in the planking (click here for my plank advice).  It really is the single best thing you can do (aside from cardio) to improve your abs.  Click the links below to see Hayley’s plank progression with her demo pics (she has perfect form!).

Workout Recap (8/1-8/7)

The running was a bit lacking this week because I was SO SORE from the P90X leg workout that I was struggling to do much (that’s what I get for slacking on legs).

However, I did bang out 9 miles on Sunday (in 1:12:14!!!) AND I committed to running Atlanta’s Thanksgiving Half Marathon with some friends. I can’t wait!

_____________________________________________________________________________________

Biscoff Cookie Dough Balls

• 1/2 C Biscoff spread
  • 1/4 C applesauce
  • 1/2 tsp vanilla
  • 3 T coconut flour
  • 3 T white whole wheat flour
  • 1/2 C rolled oats
  • 2 T unsweetened shredded coconut (optional)

In a large bowl using an electric mixer, combine wet ingredients until smooth.

Slowly mix in flours, followed by the oats. Lastly, mix in shredded coconut.

Scoop ~2 tsp of dough onto parchment-lined tray and roll to form balls. Freeze or refrigerate until dough firm.

Enjoy!

Makes ~20 balls

Notes: If you don’t have access to Biscoff spread, substitute your favorite nut butter.  If you do that be sure to taste as you go – you may need to add maple syrup or other sweetener.  You may also sub in other flours – or use all coconut for gluten-free dough!

Approximate Nutritionals: 58 calories, 2.9 g fat, 6.8g carbs, 0.9g fiber, 2.5g sugar, 1g protein

Thank you for your input on the dessert for Feast Noir!  I think I’m going with the Peach Tart… but those brownies will happen SOON too!

What are your favorite balls?  (Keep it clean!)

Have you been doing push-ups?!

Comments

I was just telling my sister about how I need to incorporate planks into my workouts. She started to and has seen a real difference. Thanks for sharing the link to Haley’s blog – I am going to try out her sequence starting tonight!

Push Ups – check! LOVE those cookies…didn’t put that together when you were talking about that sauce last week…my husband would literally eat that sauce with a spoon – Continental used to give those cookies out and they were his favorite… :-) Safe Travels

Ah yayy! Really glad you tried the sequence! :) Hope you like it and it gets you the results you want! Love the Feast Noir idea as well btw! Very cool! The peach tart was a very good choice for the occasion but those brownies looked DELICIOUS!!

I always look forward to the Biscoff cookies and dipping them in the individual nutella packets when we fly. That and the free drinks, haha. I get nervous flying so I take full advantage of the Crown room;)

Am I the only one who automatically thinks of Zazu and hyenas when I hear that song? “big ones, small ones, . . . ”
    As a big fan of cookie dough, I can’t wait to try these! Especially since those cookes are amazing! I rocked the pushups last week with three days over 50. The second exhaustion test didn’t go so well though, I’m hoping it’ll go much better in two more weeks though :) I can’t wait to see how fast you do the half marathon you speedy lady

You probably just need to wait another week or so to re-test. Everyone moves at their own pace! Keep me posted. :)

Laura where do you get the Biscoff spread from??? wheerreee!!!

sigh still need to get on top of the pushups. but my upper body workout is happening tonight, so this plank exercise popped up at just the right moment! Can’t wait to incorporate both into my daily routine! Thanks for the awesome recipe and the workout tips!

I found the biscoff spread yesterday at Kroger! Except I couldn’t bring myself to buy it because I saw a “get a $1 off coupon” thing on one of their cookie packages..except I had to go online to be able to print the coupon. I would have bought in on the spot if it weren’t for that but now that I know it’s posisble to save money (yea, even just a dollar)..I kind of have to. But I will be buying it as soon as I can now!

Wow. You think you could pull this recipe off with Nutella? ‘Cause then they’d be Chef’s Chocolate Salty Balls ala Southpark. :)

Nutella is awesome, but it might overwhelm. I’d either increase the flour to butter ratio or add in come PB rather then using so much Nutella. Let me know if you do it! :)

Totally! They’d increase sales 10x – seriously. It’s like dough. Have I told you lately that I love you?!

Guilt free? Count me in! P.S. Biscoff cookies are one of my closest friend’s favorite cookies… she even buys them from Whole Foods! lol

10. Anna W. says

These balls are SERIOUSLY good! The only change I made was adding a few drops of liquid vanilla stevia. Genius recipe!

I am so glad you liked them! I really appreciate the feedback. They also freeze well if you make a big batch. :)

11. Michelle says

These sound sooo good! Biscoff cookies are my husbands’ fav, he even got a flight attendant to give him a whole sleeve of the cookies because he loved them so much. We found the Biscoff spread at World Market-Cost Plus. He bought both the smooth and crunchy kind. Now I have a recipe to use the 2 jars of spread instead of just putting it on toast or graham crackers. We will definitely be trying these once we meet our weight loss goal. Thanks!

1. [...] Biscoff Cookie Dough Ball for pre-run fuel.  These kept really well in the freezer… but this was the last one. [...]