Do you ever get yourself out the door to run by promising your body you only have to do 3 miles?
That’s what I had to do yesterday. And then this happened.
- Distance – 9 miles
- Time – 1:12:51
- Average pace – 8:06
That calls for a substantial breakfast.
Thankfully I’d planned ahead (unknowingly, but I’ll take what I can get!). As I was eating my Blueberry Cilantro Bulgur Salad the other night, it occurred to me that bulgur is a lot like oatmeal.
It has a similar flavor profile. It’s only a bit nuttier, which is a plus in my book. Another plus is the protein content – 1 serving has 5g!
Using a bit of almond extract here with the NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia and vanilla extract highlights the bulgur’s nuttiness and makes the dish even more rich.
This was one hearty, satisfying breakfast!
I’ve been playing a lot with the samples NuNaturals sent me lately. I’ve truly been impressed with the quality – it doesn’t leave an artificial taste in my mouth, even when added to smoothies!
Some of my favorite uses so far:
- Coconut Banana Chocolate Chip Cookies
- (Raw-ish) Banana Nut Bars
- Mocha Banana Shake (it’s not in the original recipe, but I added ~10 drops of the coco liquid Stevia and it defintiely made this yumminess even better!)
NuNaturals sweetened their package (ha ha – get it? sweetened? 🙂 ) by offering to giveaway products to 4 readers!
The Fantastic 4 Winners will receive:
1 box of NuStevia Packets
1 bottle of NuNaturals Pure Liquid Vanilla Stevia (my favorite!)
- Leave a comment telling me the kitchen creation you’d like to try making with NuNatural Stevia
- Follow me on Twitter (@Sprint2thetable)
- Tweet about this give away (you might say “@Sprint2theTable is giving away 2 @NuNaturals products to 4 readers! http://wp.me/p16jDn-DF #GIVEAWAY”)
Leave a separate comment telling me you did each of these items for multiple entries!
The contest will end Sunday night at 11:59pm.
Winners announced Monday morning!!! Good luck!
Banana Bulgur Breakfast Bowl
- 1/2 C cooked bulgur
- 1/2 large banana, mashed
- 1/4 C Greek-style yogurt
- 1/4 C unsweetened almond milk
- 1 T goji berries
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- 10 drops NuNaturals Vanilla Stevia Liquid
- 1/4 tsp vanilla extract
- Splash of almond extract
- Shake of salt
Mix everything together in a bowl and refrigerate overnight. Wait until morning (or at least 3-4 hours). Devour.
Please tell me these accidental crazy runs happen to you too?!
If you’re looking for something new to try this weekend, check out Pea & Crayons new (awesome) round up:
What are you doing this weekend? (Besides entering my giveaway.)
Have you tried natural sugar alternatives yet?