Saturday and Sunday I visited the tasting tents at the Food and Wine Festival. I miiiight have snuck in Satrday… shhhh!
The food was all good, but I was a little disappointed that there wasn’t more variety. There’s only so much fried chicken and BBQ I can consume.
An exception to the “too much fried” rule is the above Indian-Spiced Fried Chicken and Waffles by Spice Route Supper Club. I have GOT to check out one of her events ASAP. Rumor has it she may be looking for a restaurant space…
Celeb Highlight: I got to meet Chef Norman Van Aken (the father of fusion… I shook his hand!).
Food Highlight: The beer, cheeses, and desserts (duh).
I wish I’d done a better job remembering to photograph… there’s was just so much to eat!
My favorites beer/cheese/dessert:
- Wild Heaven Craft Beers – I’d had these before, but Invocation and Ode to Mercy are the two brews offered by this new Decatur, GA-based brewery. If you find them, drink them immediately. It’s the best new beer I’ve tasted in a long time.
- Sweet Grass Dairy’s Truffled Chevre – Decadently delicious. There’s no other way to describe this. Need proof? They are complete OUT for the season. :(
- The Hungry Peach’s Peach Cobbler Cupcake – Moist, flavorful, light…
dignity is the only thing that kept me from devouring their whole display
- High Road Craft Ice Cream – Every flavor was good (I shamelessly sampled everything), but if I had to cheese I’d say don’t miss the Caffeine Cacao and the French Toast (JUST like your mamma’s… in ice cream-form). Good news for Georgian’s – they are coming soon to Whole Foods! #godblesswholefoods
I had a great time hanging out with 2 new friends on Satuday and the Lippy crew on Sunday. (Nathan’s wife, Chelsee = coolest chick ever.)
If you ever wonder if your “clean” way of eating really makes a difference, eat like I did all weekend. Monday I woke up feeling like crap. Too. Much. Rich. Food.
I seriously almost hurled during the flight to my client meeting.
At least it was better than it would have been: I ran 5 miles Saturday morning, took an hour walk that afternoon, played 2 ball games Sunday morning, and then ran 3.5 miles. I should re-name this blog Run-Eat-Repeat.
I’m trying to mini-detox this week. It’s not working so well since I’ve been traveling, but I’m definitely eating much cleaner than I did this weekend!
Monday I drank my breakfast (not in a noon-game tailgating way) before rushing to the airport:
Some days, you just need a green smoothie. This was one of those days.
- 1/2 champagne mango
- 1/2 banana
- 1 C fresh spinach
- 1 C unsweetened vanilla almond milk
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1 tsp Maca
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/2 tsp almond extract
- water (adjust to desired consistency)
Put it in a blender. Pour into glass. Top with your favorite crunchy treat (I love this low-sugar citrus-granola). Drink up!
Even though we’re already mid-week, this may be a timely discussion question given the upcoming long weekend…
How do you detox after a weekend of indulgence?