This morning I had a grand plan to run 2 5Ks. Wellll… I pulled my hamstring last weekend, there was a crazy storm last night, and this week has been exhausting.
These are my excuses to keeping the 5Ks to a minimum today.
Without further ado, here is my pre-race strategy for a late, beer-promising 5K:
1. Eat a tasty dinner.
Yakatori leftovers. Mmmmm… carbs.
2. Have a chocolate protein shake.
Get your protein in the night before – too much the day-of can cause cramping.
In my shake:
- 1/2 dark chocolate EAS
- 1/2 scoop cookies ‘n cream protein powder
- 1/2 large banana
- 1/2 C kale (frozen)
- 1 tsp cinnamon
- ice + water
3. Spend the evening writing a proposal for work and ordering free Bragg samples.
I love their Apple Cider Vinegar drinks too – Apple-Cinnamon is the best!
4. Wake up too early (stupid work programming me to be an early riser).
5. Drink coffee.
I know, I know… I drank 2 glasses of water too!
6. Devour Carrot Cake Overnight Oats (a la Oh She Glows).
You should make this. Double the recipe… you will want seconds.
My additions: nutmeg and ginger, topped with greek yogurt and pecans (icing!) rather than Angela’s muffins
(mine must be lost in the mail…).
7. Blog about pre-race activities and catch up on some reading.
Good luck to everyone running this weekend! How did you all do?!
Is anyone else going to a festival?
Atlanta has at least 3 this weekend – Dogwood, Sweetwater 420, and Alpharetta Arts Fest!