The perfect end to an out-of-control b-a-n-a-n-a-s week is a new ‘do.
My hair is now blonde-ish.
I’ve been going to Karen since I was 15. She moved 5-ish years ago to open her own salon – Lava Hair Studio – almost 60 miles outside of Atlanta… and I drive all the way out there to see her.
If I moved out of state, I’d probably fly back to see her.
Crappy in-the-car-rushing-to-meet-friends cell phone pic, but…
- It’s no longer red-brown (therefore NOT clashing with my bridesmaid dress for upcoming wedding)
- It’s no longer bushy (why does my hair grow SO fast?!)
- I can style it in 5 mins flat.
Active.com recently posted an article called 5 Reasons to Work Out in the Morning.
In light of my recent morning work out success, I got really excited to read this and decided to share my own Top 5. (There may be some overlap… they were spot on!)
My Top 5 Reasons to Work Out in the Morning
- It’s done – there’s no backing out because you’re too tired after work/would rather go to happy hour
- One shower – they listed this too and I couldn’t agree more. 2-3 showers/day es no bueno
- No crowds – the gym in my building is usually empty in the morning, so there’s no wait, I can control the TV, and no one is in the small-ish gym stinking it up
- Temperature control – in the winter months, it warms me up for the day and in the summer months it’s not unbearably hot
- Alertness – yes, it’s hard to actually wake up enough to get going, but once you do it’s almost better than coffee for my wakefulness
Speaking of being awake… I’m eating my pre-work out banana breakfast appetizer and hitting the pavement for a quickie run before resuming wedding shower prep!
It’s going to be 80 degrees and sunny today! If I leave the balcony door open, I wonder if Stevie will try to jump off…
Note to self: train kitten NOT to go on kamikaze missions.
I love grilled bananas – they caramelize and create a delicious banana syrup.
Plate them and immediately top with cocoa powder your favorite nut butter, letting the hot bananas turn the butter slightly melty. Mmmmm…
Caramelized Banana Bites
- 1 banana
- 1 T nut butter
- 1 tsp cocoa powder
Heat pan to med-high on stove top. Cut banana into 1 inch slices and place in pan. Grill ~2-3 mins, or until just turning brown. Flip and grill 1-2 mins longer until other side is browned. Plate, sprinkle with cocoa powder, and top each slice with your favorite nut butter.
Try not to lick and left over syrup/cocoa mixture off the plate if others are watching.
Do you drive a ridiculous distance to you stylist/restaurant/market/etc?
Make me feel more sane.