Despite being up until 3am working, I woke up (late) this morning ready to MOVE.
Breakfast was a coffee, an apple, and a jalapeno-cheddar scone (recipe to come… it still needs a little work). To fuel my energy, I read some neglected fitness magazines.
What resulted was an amazing workout:
- 5 min elliptical warm-up
- Wide grip lat pull-downs – 3 sets of 12
- Bent over dumbbell row – 3 sets of 15
- Seated cable row – 3 sets of 12
- 30 second planks as an active rest between sets in #2-4 (total 10)
- Dumbbell pullover – 3 sets of 12
- Row to raise – 2 sets of 12
- Push-ups- 3 sets of 15 – superset with…
- Standing dumbbell curl – 3 sets of 12
- Alternating dumbbell curl – 5 sets of 12
- Hammer curl – 4 sets of 15 (or to exhaustion)
- 1 min sprint intervals on the treadmill between each set in #10-11 (total 8 )
Then I took the stairs back up to my condo. Whew!
That killer workout called for a gigantic protein shake.
You’re probably going to think this is weird… BUT just trust me.
Sweet Potato Smoothie
- 1/4 large sweet potato, cooked (mine was left over from this)
- 1 hand full of spinach
- 1 scoop vanilla protein powder
- 1/2 tsp cinnamon
- 1/4 tsp ginger
- 1/4 tsp nutmeg
- Ice + water/milk to taste
Combine all ingredients in blender and process until smooth. Slurp away!
Time to head out the door for the derby sleepover - so excited to hang out with the team off-skates!
Does anyone else have adult sleepovers?!
It’s like high school but now you don’t have to sneak in the alcohol.